DVR/TIVO Replacements

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I currently have 3 standard definition DirecTV receivers w/TIVO and 1 HD Receiver w/TIVO(HR10-250.) Knowing that the deal with TIVO will end in about a year, what can I start to consider for upgrading and replacing my exisiting DVRs with TIVO? I have been with D* for over 8 years. I read a bit about the H20 HD DVR, but it isn't available yet. Is there a waiting list? When should a start to look at upgrading my units? Also, what will I do with my other 3 receivers with TIVO?

DirecTV & TiVo will continune to support those units, they will just not continue to market them to new users. If that helps you decide.

So......I just keep what I have and nothing else needs to be done unless I want to updgrade. That would be great. I've always been under the assumption I would have to replace the receivers when DirecTV's deal with TIVO came to an end.

Correct, if YOU want to change then its up to you, there are no plans to force users away from the TiVo branded receivers. All things can change over time! LOL

Once the 2nd or 3rd generation DirecTV DVRs come out that might become an upgrade option, but should be a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)