Dyle’s Angle for Cable: Aereo Counter-Attack

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
http://www.multichannel.com/mobile/dyle’s-angle-cable-aereo-counter-attack/142838

Dyle, a venture backed by major broadcasters, has developed a system that beams live digital TV signals to mobile devices, a technology that could threaten Aereo — and be of service to cable operators.

Dyle launched services a few months ago and lacks widespread availability and content, but it represents a possible threat to Aereo, which is duking it out in the courts with many of Dyle’s backers. Its ambitions, though, run far deeper than delivering broadcast-TV channels to iPads and other mobile devices: It intends to weave itself into the TV Everywhere ecosystem and partner up with cable MSOs and satellite-TV providers.

http://www.multichannel.com/mobile/dyle’s-angle-cable-aereo-counter-attack/142838

Dyle, a venture backed by major broadcasters, has developed a system that beams live digital TV signals to mobile devices, a technology that could threaten Aereo — and be of service to cable operators.

Dyle launched services a few months ago and lacks widespread availability and content, but it represents a possible threat to Aereo, which is duking it out in the courts with many of Dyle’s backers. Its ambitions, though, run far deeper than delivering broadcast-TV channels to iPads and other mobile devices: It intends to weave itself into the TV Everywhere ecosystem and partner up with cable MSOs and satellite-TV providers.

The link is subscription protected. Anyway,I remember IviTV & the fact that that only lasted a few months because the courts shut it down.

The link is subscription protected. Anyway,I remember IviTV & the fact that that only lasted a few months because the courts shut it down.

I posted it over a week ago, it was a free article at that time, but its moved into the archive now.

Dyle is backed by the broadcasters, so it won't end up in court. It will just be the broadcasters trying to squeeze some more money out of the public for the free over the air signals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)