E! Channel Reception

tscallions

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Bartlett, TN
I'm not sure hot to explain what it is that I am seeing, but it looks like shooting stars going horizontally across the screen. So far I have only noticed this on E!. Both on my HDTV and my SDTV. I tried to do a search for this issue, but nothing came up. My satellite strength is 95 so I doubt that is the issue. I will see if I get a snap shot of what I am talking about when I get home.

I noticed a "sparkely" picture on E! the other day (while my wife was watching it!). You really notice it when they display the color red. I know there have been other threads here about this in the past.

Yup.

E, Comedy Central, and some other channel I don't watch.

The colors with the high luma values (yellow, and white) break up and "sparkle."

Many reason have been floated for this in other threads, most of which tie back to the fact that Voom isn't modulating their feed from the network correctly.

Yep, yep, yep. We all feel your pain.

Yes, it's on the analog side before encoding. Notice how it's only sparkly on most of the feeds that are analog from the broadcasters.

Most likely a bad C-band LNB and/or receiver/modulator

Is Voom actually doing anything about this? It seems like on here and on Yahoo Voom Group, there are a lot of complaints about the sparkles on the SD channels.

-John

jgantert said:
Is Voom actually doing anything about this? It seems like on here and on Yahoo Voom Group, there are a lot of complaints about the sparkles on the SD channels.

-John

They are working on it. They know the problems but I do not know why it
has taken so long to resolve this issue.

Sean, are they really working on it?

Sean:
Do you know for a fact that they are working on the "sparklies" problem on Comedy Channel? I do not recall Wilt ever responding to posts about that problem.

I also do not recall any response on the low volume on Comedy Channel and VH1. According to my wife, the volume difference between these channels and all others (10 "clicks" on our A/V receiver) makes VOOM unwatchable.

Joseph

jnardone said:
Sean:
Do you know for a fact that they are working on the "sparklies" problem on Comedy Channel? I do not recall Wilt ever responding to posts about that problem.

I also do not recall any response on the low volume on Comedy Channel and VH1. According to my wife, the volume difference between these channels and all others (10 "clicks" on our A/V receiver) makes VOOM unwatchable.

Joseph

Yes, I have emailed him privately about it. I will shoot another email to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)