E! Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have no problem with DTV raising the subscription fee by over 50% or more on packages if they are committed to provide the same HD channels that Dish is currently offering (i.e.BBCHD, TCMHD, NATWild-HD, HistIntl-HD, etc.). I am sure everyone here would agree with me on this.

I think it has actually happened.

I recall having recommended DirecTV to my Aunt, who resides in a separate state, and she took my suggestion and made the decision to go ahead and sign up in December 2004. She started receiving her DirecTV service the next month, January 2005, and my having referred her was a benefit to us both. (In between she was making the segue to drop cable for DirecTV.)

Back then we did not have HD service, and the subscription cost for "Total Choice Plus" (with locals) was in mid- or upper-$40s. Key reason she made the move was because her area cable provider (with no other cable company competitor) was rather antiquated. For example, it did not even update its community with fiber optics for cable-ready TV channels in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. And in comparing what she was paying -- with not even receiving, say, Turner Classic Movies or The History Channel (both of which I had through my then-cable provider's fiber optics upgrade as far back as 1997) -- there was no reason, other than a general feeling of unfamiliarity, to not go with a satellite provider.

Now we get to pay about, I think, $66 for the legacy equivalent of "Total Choice Plus" (this is before any premium movies; we've both been most consistent with HBO). But the cable operators in her area and mine are in the $70s, having folded in much of the HD Extra Pack programming.

It's been seven years since she signed up. I've been with DirecTV for seven years beyond that. It's 14 for me; 7 for her. And it's amazing how, in less than a full decade, that pretty basic in a non-premiums programming package actually increased to that 50%.

I do not want to pay $99, within the next decade, for a package of non-premium channels. So let us not get carried away, in discussion over HD programming, a willingness to pay an additional 50 percent for our subcription.

I'm glad DirecTV has E! HD now, tho I only watch the Soup on E! Use to watch Kendra & Dirty Soap but both were axed. The only HD channels I want now are BBC America(for Top Gear, Richard Hammond's Crash Course, & The Nerdist) & ION TV(for Flashpoint but if not I'll pay $17 to see it in HD on Amazon). Then there would be the return of G4 HD(only for Attack Of The Show). I watch G4 next door at my parents on Time Warner. It is so amazing how much clearler and better DirecTV is then Time Warner with there HD, wish I would of switched sooner(too bad I missed Passions on the 101 Network :()

meldar_b said:
who ever is running D* now must be on crack :deadhorse: E! come on! whats next TV Guide channel :drama: :censored:

I agree. Just surfed the guide, What a bunch of junk.

Why that would go HD before TCM and others is beyond me. Very disappointed.

Why anyone would watch TCM is beyond me, very disappointed. (see how it works?)
There are lots of reasons, most of which none of us is privy to, why one channel goes hd before another one.

Lol, Raoul is right. I'd love TCMHD but hate paying for ESPN. Ain't it great...how different we all are? :)

who ever is running D* now must be on crack :deadhorse: E! come on! whats next TV Guide channel :drama: :censored:

it sad that they obviously LISTENED to exactly what I have read here for many moths; this crap is some hot, in demand channel for some odd reason and its 99% garbage; HD or not. be careful what you wish for. YUCK! reality (aka FAKE reality TV) still sucks in HD; garbage in = garbage out.

The addition of E! As an hd channel has more to do with the upcoming Olympics then what had channels people want. (at least that is what I am hearing. )

what I was saying is that among posters here it was one of the top requests; which is unfathomable why.. their Olympic coverage will be short and sweet and then they will be....... umm......... well.........

Scott Greczkowski said:
The addition of E! As an hd channel has more to do with the upcoming Olympics then what had channels people want. (at least that is what I am hearing. )

That sounds logical to me. Whoops , need go check out Ice Loves Coco. :))

Why anyone would watch TCM is beyond me, very disappointed. (see how it works?)
There are lots of reasons, most of which none of us is privy to, why one channel goes hd before another one.

I would guess Money and Contracts might have something to do with it.

I'm guessing here, that E is a NBC channel then ?
Olympics on NBC ?

You see how much I watch them !!!!

Yes with the merger between NBC Universal and Comcast, E! is now a Universal property.

And yes the Olympics will be carried this Summer by the Networks of NBC Universal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)