E* NHL Hockey Playoffs HD Plans

What the hell? The wings/flames game is in SD on 9463. Its the CBC feed.

Did you notice that the CBC feed mentioned several times during the broadcast that the game was presented in HD? Canadians would have had a riot if it were only in SD in Canada!

So why did VS show the game in SD (I think they did the same thing on Sunday with a CBC feed)? Maybe the CBC would have charged them more for the HD feed...

Versus sucks...and so does the NHL for giving them the broadcast contract...

...just pulled this off of the updated VS HD schedule page...

VERSUS QUARTERFINALS GAMES ARE IN HD EXCEPT THOSE BROADCAST ON THURDAYS AND FRIDAYS.

What -- do none of their HD techs work on Thursdays and Fridays??? Can you spell "Mickey Mouse"?

As the series become more intensive and the games become more important, Versus provides less HD. I hope the NHL has the common sense to check out the next broadcast supplier before they award their next contract. Versus is doing nothing to raise the visiblity of the NHL and bring it up to the level of the other major sports. The few extra $millions the NHL receives from Versus over the life of this contract has moved the NHL further away from their goals with this sub-par broadcasting.

What -- do none of their HD techs work on Thursdays and Fridays??? Can you spell "Mickey Mouse"?

As the series become more intensive and the games become more important, Versus provides less HD. I hope the NHL has the common sense to check out the next broadcast supplier before they award their next contract. Versus is doing nothing to raise the visiblity of the NHL and bring it up to the level of the other major sports. The few extra $millions the NHL receives from Versus over the life of this contract has moved the NHL further away from their goals with this sub-par broadcasting.

Tomorrow morning from 10am-12pm est is the NHL radio show. you can get the number from www.nhl.com tomorrow after the show starts. Give them a call and tell them how bush it is that VS doesn't have these Thursday/Friday games in HD

BTW, I don't remember it saying that Thursday/Friday were out for the 1st round initially. Was this added recently?

Also, I am glad this was not a E* call. Better to have the NHL mad at VS that us upset with E*. So far, I am glad to see E* has brought us what they could for the most part. I would like to see VS HD active on E* during the regular season though.

BTW, I don't remember it saying that Thursday/Friday were out for the 1st round initially. Was this added recently?Tomorrow morning from 10am-12pm est is the NHL radio show. you can get the number from www.nhl.com tomorrow after the show starts. Give them a call and tell them how bush it is that VS doesn't have these Thursday/Friday games in HD

I don't recall seeing this before today on the Versus site. Maybe they got a new contract to broadcast their bullriding in HD...gotta keep their priorities straight!

I may give the NHL a call, but I expect those taking the calls are very far removed from the NHL administration that made the horrendous decision to award the contract to Versus...

I have been sending emails to tv@nhl.com
My question was this:
Why is the Red Wings/Flames game in Standard Definition on channel 9463 NHLHD on Dish Network, It's the CBC (HD) feed.
Here is my first reply:

Dear Jeff -

Thank you for your email and we understand your frustrations.

The game aired on Center Ice was aired as Standard Def. as that is the only access feed Center Ice had for the game. Due to cost and available bandwidth, the signal pulled from CA was pulled as such.

NHL TV

Originally Posted by Skates
...just pulled this off of the updated VS HD schedule page...

VERSUS QUARTERFINALS GAMES ARE IN HD EXCEPT THOSE BROADCAST ON THURDAYS AND FRIDAYS.

And yet Time Warner is currently showing today's Isles/Buff game in HD on INHD.

What feed are they getting?

Not sure. He just mentioned it over IM. The game is listed as a Versus game though. Would there be another feed they could grab for it? Thought VS had exclusive rights to televise these rounds (or the games they want anyway) but of course I could be wrong.

Not sure. He just mentioned it over IM. The game is listed as a Versus game though. Would there be another feed they could grab for it? Thought VS had exclusive rights to televise these rounds (or the games they want anyway) but of course I could be wrong.

I don't know, either. I thought VS had the exclusive for the U.S. but then there's the CI games also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)