E3 2009

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
So, Qore has leaked Sony's likely 'big' announcements.

- PSP Go
- MGS for the PSP

Probably a couple of other announcements since the Qore episide was focused on the PSP Go.

What do you want to see from E3 this year? I am not sure myself... I just know if these are Sony's big announcements, it's going to be another rough year as they focus on a market that Nintendo has owned since the first Gameboy. There likely isn't a price decrease for the PS3 being announced, Best Buy has a new bundle in their system though, but that may end up being like the Target exclusive... just another full price SKU with a couple games bundled with it.

About the Qore leak: PSP Go revealed in June issue of Qore [update]

There should be some Madden announcements at E3, in this video about co-op Ian accidentally slips that after trying this feature people might go and try online franchise - Madden NFL 10 : Football Video Game for Wii, Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION3, PlayStation2, PSP (PlayStationPortable) : EA SPORTS

With all the other retooling, this years Madden is looking really really nice.
Ah, but still no PC Madden 10... when they dropped it last year, they said it would return this year. Lies... sigh:(

Now they are showing new technology where YOU are the controller.

Very cool.

That looks really cool, but they are saying it may not even be out until 2011. Why show it now if it isn't even going to be out before next years E3????????

New...Left 4 Dead 2. Pretty soon if you ask me...couldn't it have been more DLC?
They're making a lot of changes in this new version that are out of the scope of typical DLC. They're introducing Melee combat (you can use a chainsaw among others,) they're upgrading the AI Director, and expanding the level size. When this comes out though I won't make the same mistake I made with L4D, which was getting the 360 version instead of the PC.

That looks really cool, but they are saying it may not even be out until 2011. Why show it now if it isn't even going to be out before next years E3????????

Reminds me of Killzone 2 at E3, seems like it took forever before it actually came out. But as a PS3 owner, I admit I'm jealous over "Natal".

Yeah, Final Fantasy was a reason to buy a PS3 when it launched.... going on 3 years ago.... and it isn't even out yet lol.

FF still made quite the splash this year, it running on 360 hardware is a pretty big deal after they said that it wouldn't get worked on until the PS3 version was done.

Apparently that Nintendo briefing was putting people to sleep and their few signifigant announcements (new Mario Galaxy, new Metroid) won't be here until 2010.

Really seems like they're just raking in the money and not doing a lot with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, Final Fantasy was a reason to buy a PS3 when it launched.... going on 3 years ago.... and it isn't even out yet lol.

FF still made quite the splash this year, it running on 360 hardware is a pretty big deal after they said that it wouldn't get worked on until the PS3 version was done.

Apparently that Nintendo briefing was putting people to sleep and their few signifigant announcements (new Mario Galaxy, new Metroid) won't be here until 2010.

Really seems like they're just raking in the money and not doing a lot with it.
We got 2 new mario games, a new Zelda, and a new Metroid (as well as Motion Plus.) I think they're doing ok.

Last edited:
We will probably experience another E3 before we see half of those games is the problem... and 3rd party gaming is still very dire for the Wii unless you're EA (600k units of Active sold in 2 weeks).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)