E3 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thoughts on Sony's waggle stick anyone?

I thought it looked really early in development from the demos they showed. If I were Sony, I probably would have scraped showing it after seeing Natal.

M$ on just sent out the Natal systems to the developers so it's up to them to add it to there games. From the demo at E3 it looks like there a few small game demos that they have developed already with like the racing, fighting and soccer games.

I wasn't impressed with anything I saw from Nintendo or Sony yesterday, in fact I thought both of their presentations were very boring.

Sony's waggle stick demo looked like something they quickly prepared overnight. Everything else they had was just kinda OK. I don't really get the Gran Turismo hype.. we get 3-4 iterations of other race games in the time that we get 1 GT game and I doubt people play it 3-4 times longer. They've spent so much dev time on this version that it's sad it's PS3 exclusive, I don't see how they recoup their costs short of car companies paying them to be included. They keep adding features.... damage... now NASCAR.... which is cool, but unless there is a full franchise and stuff for the NASCAR portion it's just another paid sponsorship that they have to recoup money for in disc sales. It has a PPV component that I also see as a waste of money. Are there really that many enthusiasts that would pay for that content in general... AND have a PS3. It's just a racing game. It is THE racing game, but I have more fun with titles like GRID. At least if they exposed it to PC customers they would have fewer limitations (the people in their latest demo video looked really poorly animated and modeled) and it would have an opportunity to grow forever like that Falcon PC game that people still make mods for. They already got $40 from me for their tech demo they released, they won't get more.

Sony's only good surprise really was Final Fantasy 14, but it's a MMO so you just eliminated a bunch of customers who just want a normal RPG so they'll stick to FF13. Everything else was just kinda OK (Modracers maybe the one exception) or expected I think.

Natal from MS I love. I don't want it built into my Xbox though, I want it built into my entertainment center, and to never touch a remote again. I want to sit in front of my TV, say a phrase and my HDDVR, Receiver, and TV all turn on with my favorites list loaded. I want to say volume and turn my hand in the air CCW to turn it down. I want to say guide and then move it up and down with a simple hand gesture like im using an ipod.

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed with anything I saw from Nintendo or Sony yesterday, in fact I thought both of their presentations were very boring.

I think you need to look at Unchartered again, easily the best game of the show...easily.

also Natal looks awesome, and I think I just got a stiffie from reading mestevos sugggestion and thinking/knowing could it really be that far off that this wont happen?

Nintendo blows chunks again, only reason I keep my wii is because my wife says she plays it when I am not home...umm yeah sure. My 23 month old grabs my 360 sticks and wants to play with those over the wii..so I know where his heart is. 2 halos announced, look nice! Sony has GT5 which looks slick also the kart game looks fun, but I am really disapointed in no price drop, or slim ps3 announced, I really want to see the ps3 remain competitive.

M$ on just sent out the Natal systems to the developers so it's up to them to add it to there games. From the demo at E3 it looks like there a few small game demos that they have developed already with like the racing, fighting and soccer games.

I am wondering when we will see release date info on natal, also a price point I would ASS-U-ME it would be about 100 bucks as they can price it above a console could they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)