• Microsofts Kinect

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The New Games

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The Booth Girls

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Something Completely Different (other)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
So all the new video game technologies are getting ready to be unleashed onto the world? What are y'all more interested in?

Microsoft's Kinect (the renamed Natal) - from the preview event last night it sound like the star wars game is pretty sharp....

Playstation Move (which I know absolutely nothing about)...

and likely the Nintendo 3DS (while I've been skeptical about that to this point, it might be the first DS product I'd be tempted by...)

On top of that we get to see what the software developers have up their sleeves... one things for certain; I'll definitely be distracted at work this week!
(I predict either at the Microsoft or Sony Press Conference we'll hear the first rumors of the next GTA game....)

Last edited:
Interested in seeing of Move and Kinect are worth the $$, and the new games.

The Kinect event last night sounds like it was a big flop with the media, but they showed a Star Wars Lightsaber game that people are kinda excited about so we'll see. I want to know if it can do things like control my entire entertainment center, and not just play games on my 360.

Last edited:
If I ever actually USED my 360; that would be a very cool upgrade.... but since I built the new computer have barely fired it up...

so next up is Nintendo and the 3DS... I know that the only way to get a true grasp of how well glasses-free 3D performs is to see it in person, but I am still curious about what the reviewers think.

ESPN3 free for gold members? WOW. I have to admit it - this could make the case for dropping pay TV and going OTA+ESPN3+Netflix awfully tempting!!!

ESPN3 free for gold members? WOW. I have to admit it - this could make the case for dropping pay TV and going OTA+ESPN3+Netflix awfully tempting!!!
If they could get Hulu on there I'd probably agree. Then again I still have Hulu hooked up to my 50" Panny but having it in App form would be easier to use.

Move looks good, I just don't see anything I'd want to play it on.

Meanwhile wife is already talking about getting a Kinect for the living room and bedroom, w/ how much we watch Netflix streaming it's not that hard to justify it.

I'm not sure about the games for Kinect, but meStevo mentioned what I think is Kinect's biggest potential: User Interface. If I were Microsoft, I would be trying to license this tech to every hardware maker I could. Seems like they would work it into Win7 also for Media Center control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)