Early termination Fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
What is the early termination fee for DirecTV if you leave prior to 2 years?

What's your reason for leaving early? There may be options you haven't considered.

I am actually getting installed this afternoon! I have been a Dish customer since 1990, and making the switch at 1 p.m. today. I just wondered what the termination fees were in the event I want to switch back sometime down the road. Being with Dish for so long, this is a big change for me! :)

If you've researched the channels available and HD and found that D* has all you want or most of it anyway, then switching between the two services is not a big deal imo. I've done it often as it is in my financial interest.

There are differences in the equipment for sure, but frankly none of the differences are earth shattering and only take a very small amount of time to get used to.

Enjoy the switch and enjoy having some extra money in your pocket for awhile! :)
?

I may be wrong but doesn't a new customer have the right to cancel within so many days of activation without getting hit with the ETF?

I may be wrong but doesn't a new customer have the right to cancel within so many days of activation without getting hit with the ETF?

I believe in Cali there is a loop hole. Everywhere else i think the activation of a receiver and the verbal agreement is considered a binding contract

What is the early termination fee for DirecTV if you leave prior to 2 years?

Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

It varies from state to state, some have laws others don't or they may be different. Here in New York, for instance, there is a 3-day cancellation period, BUT it's only for purchases made in the customer's home when a salesperson is there. It does not cover phone or internet sales of those made in a store or place of business. Needless to say this causes much confusion for people who don't understand the law.

This was over six years ago, but my first foray into Dtv was a mess. I tried to cancel the day it was installed because the install was so bad. They told me then there was a ETF. I live in Ohio so Im not sure if its still that way or they were just giving me sh*t.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)