Earth Hour Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundude90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Waterville, Maine, United States
I just remembered that tonight at 8:30pm to 9:30pm is Earth Hour. I have seen a lot about this on the news. I have heard the Google.com is going dark for that hour. The lights on the JFK sign are going out. The lights are even going out on the Las Vegas Strip.

I was was wondering if we could do something here at SatelliteGuys for this special Earth Hour event??

Thanks,

Josh

We can do something. I know I am....I am turning on every light on my property, all my TV's, all my satellite equipment, everything that can safely be turned on will be turned on, to protest the hypocrisy of the mythical climate change hocus pocus.

Join me! :up

We can do something. I know I am....I am turning on every light on my property, all my TV's, all my satellite equipment, everything that can safely be turned on will be turned on, to protest the hypocrisy of the mythical climate change hocus pocus.

Join me! :up

So therefore you don't give a crap about global warming and the earth. I am turning of all my lights.

For more info visit Earth Hour

As mentioned in the pub member area we are not doing a thing.

Those sites turning their colors black are actually using MORE electricity then if they would keep them the same.

Kind of funny how it all works. :)

Why does no one care about this? What does everyone want global warming or not care? Fine, when the Arctic melts and cities like Boston, New York & New Orleans flood because of the rising waters, then I can say I tried to fight Global Warming. While the rest of you can be sorry that you did give a crap. It's not going to use any more electricity to turn the sites black either or any other color.

Whatever, I don't care how you guys feel. So do whatever you want. I will be earth friendly by not wasting hard earned money on a pub membership for this site, and using lots of electricity to visit this "Global Warming is BS" site.

Why does no one care about this? What does everyone want global warming or not care? Fine, when the Arctic melts and cities like Boston, New York & New Orleans flood because of the rising waters, then I can say I tried to fight Global Warming. While the rest of you can be sorry that you did give a crap. It's not going to use any more electricity to turn the sites black either or any other color.

Whatever, I don't care how you guys feel. So do whatever you want. I will be earth friendly by not wasting hard earned money on a pub membership for this site, and using lots of electricity to visit this "Global Warming is BS" site.

Participating in Earth Hour does not stop global warming. Nor does it really save any fossil fuels, as (spokesperson) Ed Norton said on Larry King this is symbolic. By creating this thread you've raised awareness, which is the point.

First, you are entitled to your opinion. Second, so am I and everyone else. You expressed your opinion, and we, in turn, expressed ours! For every scientific opinion that global warming exists, there is another debunking it. Ten years from now, when global warming still hasn't happened, and Boston isn't an island in the Atlantic, some scientist will find something else to cry wolf about. My advice to you is: put away the Gore 2000 presidential bumper sticker, and open your eyes to other views. You are young, spend your time growing up!

I am not for or against "Global Warming". I am against the politicized and irrational movement that only the developed countries should make sacrifices when the developing countries are the ones that are the major issue.

I am against doing things that have no impact on the supposed problem just because it's "politically correct"

I am against doing things that shift the supposed problems from one place to another because it's politically correct (electric cars/hybrids & other electric switch-over that transfers the energy generation from relatively clean gas engines to high sulfur coal burning plants or even worse, nuclear power which produces waste that will be radioactive and DEADLY to ALL life for 10,000 years -longer than recorded human history)
I am against taking a highly disputed scientific debate and politicizing it to the point that the average person is completely misinformed about the true division within the scientific community.

I am for clean air. I am for clean water.

I turned on every light inside and outside my house from 7-10pm tonight to show my displeasure over the political movement. It does not mean "I don't care". It means "I think this particular movement and its tactics are BS!

I am not for or against "Global Warming". I am against the politicized and irrational movement that only the developed countries should make sacrifices when the developing countries are the ones that are the major issue.

I am against doing things that have no impact on the supposed problem just because it's "politically correct"

I am against doing things that shift the supposed problems from one place to another because it's politically correct (electric cars/hybrids & other electric switch-over that transfers the energy generation from relatively clean gas engines to high sulfur coal burning plants or even worse, nuclear power which produces waste that will be radioactive and DEADLY to ALL life for 10,000 -longer than recorded hyman history)

I am against taking a highly disputed scientific debate and politicizing it to the point that the average person is completely misinformed about the true division within the scientific community.

I am for clean air. I am for clean water.

I turned on every light in my house from 7-10pm tonight to show my displeasure over the political movement. It does not mean "I don't care". It means "I think this particular movement and its tactics are BS!
:up:up

2.jpeg

This right here proves global warming is Bullsh!t. People use the past 2,000 years to show how far up CO2 levels have gone, but they are using heresay. The real truth is we are soon headed for very cold temperatures.

And let's not forget the millions of dollars Al Gore makes from all those speeches.

While you idolize that douchbag, he is at home doing this:

al-gore-desk.jpg

Which REALLY helps keep carbon footprints down :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is 3 30 monitors and a 32 inch tv IN ONE ROOM a little overboard?

Last edited:
I do understand what you guys are saying. I think I am more for saving energy which in turn help keep the air and waters clean. I do believe in Global Warming a bit, but I sure do believe that some of it is BS.

I am more of a green person which is trying to keep air & waters clean, than a person going crazy about global warming.

Sorry for freaking out in my previous thread about this, I was having some family problems then and was in a bad mood. Parent's drive me crazy.

The argument that shutting down anything saves electricity is bogus in many cases as turning things back on ends up using more electricity then if you just kept things running.

As I posted in the Pub Members area, making the background black like you wanted us to do does not save energy in fact the fact is that it uses MORE electricity on most monitors.

Another way to think of it is lets say your a delivery driver that makes a lot of stops, is it better to keep turning off your car at each stop or keep the car running while you make your delivery? Depending on how long the stops are the best choice is keeping the car running. Starting and stopping the car causes more wear and tear and uses mre fuel then by keeping the engine running idly.

As I was tying this on the news was a guy from the World Wildlife Foundation who admitted that overall the lights out program probably uses more electricity then it saves however (and this I think is the key point here) that it wasn't about saving electricity it was creating awareness that people can do simple things around their house to help save resources that we all use.

I was grocery shopping the other day and saw something that I liked that I have never seen before, it was Boxed water. This was something to me that made sense. You know how much oil and other resources it takes to make one bottle of water? Its kind of funny when I saw and met Al Gore two years ago what was he drinking? Bottled water.

I think that everyone in their own way des things to conserve something here on Earth and thats a good thing. What you choose to do is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.