East, West... Does it matter?

There is not a strong likelihood of stuff moving to 77 in your market. Especially if it is currently setup on 61.5 and WA. That’s a good sign that it has already migrated, and will be staying put until something major happens to the delivery of satellite services(think QPSK to 8PSK). You should be fine going with the 2 EA orbitals only. Probably be better than fine, actually, you’ll likely have better service.

I got off the WA when I went HD a long time ago. The last I remember, the WA had most of the SD locals, where the EA only carried HD locals for Eastern cities. I can't access my locals in HD if I wanted to.

The Miaimi, FL DMA locals are on the western arc in both SD and HD, with nothing on the eastern arc. Subscribers there have no other choice, it's western arc sats or no locals. Roanoke, VA is also western arc only, along with a few other DMA's east of the Mississippi. The SD and HD distribution between arcs varies from DMA to DMA, with some being eastern arc only, others dual arc, and some western arc only.

I got off the WA when I went HD a long time ago. The last I remember, the WA had most of the SD locals, where the EA only carried HD locals for Eastern cities. I can't access my locals in HD if I wanted to.
Was a guy a few months ago that posted here and I think he was form the Virgin Islands. I remember looking up his Dish Settings and seeing one of his locals came from Elmira, NY!!!???

Reactions: NYDutch
According to The List, the US Virgin Islands is WA only for locals. Although technically, Nielsen does not consider that to be a DMA the last time I checked, so that would still make your answer correct. :)

Yes, the US VI is such a strange mix of "locals", that I didn't include it.

I wish they'd move my locals HD to west arc. Since I've changed to Dish and the east arc, I lose reception a LOT more than I ever did with AT&T pointing to the SW. If it wasn't for the boss lady, I'd switch to the west arc and just use the antenna for local HD... but she wants nothing to do with that, even though she uses the antenna when the locals go out. lol :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts