East, West... Does it matter?

Maybe Elmira and Erie were the first locals to agree to be retransed to the VI? Does Dish need FCC approval to use an out of market station where there's no defined Nielsen market? And is Elmyra Duff really Elmer Fudds sister???

Maybe Elmira and Erie were the first locals to agree to be retransed to the VI? Does Dish need FCC approval to use an out of market station where there's no defined Nielsen market? And is Elmyra Duff really Elmer Fudds sister???
As far as CBS from Erie, I believe that is because the owners of that station also own a station in Puerto Rico, and they just simulcast the same feed. Since the Virgin Islands gets most of their locals from Puerto Rico, they also get CBS Erie. As for Elmyra and Elmer, no relation.

As far as CBS from Erie, I believe that is because the owners of that station also own a station in Puerto Rico, and they just simulcast the same feed. Since the Virgin Islands gets most of their locals from Puerto Rico, they also get CBS Erie. As for Elmyra and Elmer, no relation.

According to the James Long listings, US VI only gets their Fox local from PR.

Capture.JPG

Look at the San Juan, Puerto Rico listings. Those two US VI stations are also carried as part of their package. So there is some overlap.
San Juan, PR, Locals on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

Oh, certainly there's some overlap, but that still leaves the US VI only getting one local from PR. Another oddity on the list though, is that PR appears to be getting CBS from both Erie, PA and Charlotte Amalie, VI, yet the US VI only gets CBS from Erie according to the lists. I think my brain is starting to smoke... :coco

Reactions: pattykay
Oh, certainly there's some overlap, but that still leaves the US VI only getting one local from PR.
To clarify, I did not mean that the US VI gets most of the channels from the Puerto Rico package. I meant that most of the channels in the US VI package are also carried in the Puerto Rico locals. Furthermore, those US VI channels were carried in the Puerto Rico package many years before Dish ever offered any locals to the US VI.

Reactions: NYDutch
To clarify, I did not mean that the US VI gets most of the channels from the Puerto Rico package. I meant that most of the channels in the US VI package are also carried in the Puerto Rico locals. Furthermore, those US VI channels were carried in the Puerto Rico package many years before Dish ever offered any locals to the US VI.

Ok, that makes sense...

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts