Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

Once again SatelliteGuys.US is proud to give you a head start look at the upcoming 1000.4 Dish which we have been calling the "Eastern Arc" dish. :)

Attached is the official installation manual and a fact sheet which tells you more about The Eastern Arc Dish.

*** REMEMBER AT LAUNCH EASTERN ARC PROGRAMMING WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY AS IT REQUIRES A NEW 3G SMARTCARD TO FUNCTION, EA WILL BE AVAILABLE TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS AT A LATER TIME ***

CLICK HERE FOR THE EASTERN ARC DISH INSTALLATION MANUAL
questions..Please permit my ignorance ,but I have no knowlegde of any satellites at the 72.7 and 77 deg orb slots. SO are there sats at these places?
#2 I have not seen any list of cities where EA will be rolled out first. Can you please post the list.
#3 according to the 1000.4 manual you posted, it appears the EA dish is compatible with VIP receivers only. Is that correct?
Where can I find more info on this?..
Thanks...

When this goes live on the 20th, if i have a 722 already setup at my office, will i be able to test this new dish out and pickup my SD & HD both, Im hoping this will give us a 2nd chance on no line of sights for the 119/110 side of things?

No f*c*ing LOS will hopefully become a thing of the past. In this area, there are tons of customers that cannot receive a 110/119/129 sig because of trees. Now we have the option of installing (at least HS customers for now) with the use of the EA. These birds are much higher in the sky than the Western sats.
I really hate having to walk from a job because of No f*c*ing line of sight.

I'm wondering something. If all new customers in those areas will be given EA, and EA is compatible only with VIP receivers, will the customer be charged the no HD fee for these receivers if they're only getting standard def?

questions..Please permit my ignorance ,but I have no knowlegde of any satellites at the 72.7 and 77 deg orb slots. SO are there sats at these places?

Yes. Currently Echostar 6 is at 72.7°. Echostar 4 is at 77°.

#2 I have not seen any list of cities where EA will be rolled out first. Can you please post the list.
I haven't seen the list, but on the Dish Channel Chart on the EKB www.dishuser.org/dishlist.php you can see many cities where the "minor" locals are duplicated in MPEG 4 at 61.5° spot beams.
I see
Milwaukee
South Bend
Albany, NY
Memphis
Columbia, SC
Greensboro
Madison, WI
Norfolk, VA
Chattanooga, TN
Portland, ME
Mobile
Hartford
Fargo, ND... Fargo???? Fargo???
Lansing, MI
Sherman, OK
Flint
Syracuse
Greenville, NC
Greenville, SC
Florence, SC
Wichita Falls, TX,,, Wichita Falls????
Detroit
Birmingham, AL
Washington
New York
Philadelphia
Abilene, TX
Orlando
Atlanta
Dallas
Beaumont, TX
Chicago
Cleveland
Nashville
Minneapolis
Charlotte, NC
Tampa
Grand Rapids
Baltimore
Raleigh
Boston
West Palm Beach
Burlington, VT
Waco
Buffalo
Huntsville
Ft. Myers
Scranton
Jackson, MS
Knoxville
Green Bay
Richmond, VA

So any of those that also have HD locals would be your possibilities. The ??? are me questioning how much better eastern arc is in look angle than the standard 110/119/129 western arc.

#3 according to the 1000.4 manual you posted, it appears the EA dish is compatible with VIP receivers only. Is that correct?
Where can I find more info on this?..
Thanks...
Yes.
What other info are you looking for?

See ya
Tony

...and EA is compatible only with VIP receivers, will the customer be charged the no HD fee for these receivers if they're only getting standard def?
Doesn't Dish have non-HD ViP receivers ? I thought they did but looking at the website, I don't see anything.

Will EA only be supplied to people who sign up for an HD programming package ? Maybe that's the case. They'll get a 311 or similar and point at 110/119 and wherever their locals are.

Here's something I just began thinking about... everyone is saying that 61.5/72.7/77 will be Eastern Arc and 110/119/129 are Western Arc... So when Dish fully implements this, what will happen to me, as I am setup to see 110/119/61.5? Am I at risk to lose any programming by being caught in-between, so to speak?

Hey, I have a 1000+ currently, The 1000.4 Quick Facts sheets says that is uses the same mast and foot as the 500+. Best I can tell, the 500+ and 1000+ use the same mast and foot, thus the 1000.4 uses the same mast and foot as the 1000+?

Also, I'm at Latitude: 30.3701° and Longitude: -97.9292°. I have a clear LOS to 61.5/72/77. Is my look angle at my location better with 61.5/72/77 or with 110/119/129? I'd like to decrease rain fade.

Here's something I just began thinking about... everyone is saying that 61.5/72.7/77 will be Eastern Arc and 110/119/129 are Western Arc... So when Dish fully implements this, what will happen to me, as I am setup to see 110/119/61.5? Am I at risk to lose any programming by being caught in-between, so to speak?

I have the same concern. I am set up to see 110/119/129/118.7 and 61.5. I keep 129 disconnected. What will happen when EA is fully implemented?

I am a new Dish customer in SF Bay area with installation scheduled for this Sunday. The salesman obviously did not know what he was talking about because he said I would be getting the new eastern arc dish for America's 250 with Gold HD and locals and a 722. Anyone know what dish would I be getting? Thank you very much.

Hey, I have a 1000+ currently, The 1000.4 Quick Facts sheets says that is uses the same mast and foot as the 500+. Best I can tell, the 500+ and 1000+ use the same mast and foot, thus the 1000.4 uses the same mast and foot as the 1000+?

Also, I'm at Latitude: 30.3701° and Longitude: -97.9292°. I have a clear LOS to 61.5/72/77. Is my look angle at my location better with 61.5/72/77 or with 110/119/129? I'd like to decrease rain fade.
The mast is compatible with 1000.4 and 500+/1000+....I may very well be the same mast.

I actually have a practical application for the EC. I want my tailgate setup all HD this year and as simple as possible. I was hoping to just use 61.5 off a dish 500 but ESPN HD is on 110 and we have to have game day. Why are all the sports channels on 61.5 but not ESPN? I was all set then to go 1000.2 but how will 129 work for me in PA and it's so much bigger then a dish 500.

So, now I'm looking at all the sports on 72 but no locals. If I can make a 61 / 72 dish 500 work I'll get everything I want in the smaller size.

Reason it didn't catch on.

I think it was some version of Tsunami's MPEG Editor that forced me to something standard, such as DVD (720X480) or SVCD (480X480). The latter shows annoying jaggies on every DVD player I have, even on my fairly crappy 29" Samsung CRT SDTV. 544 X 480 MPEG2, on the other hand, plays and looks fine, just like it does directly out of the receiver.

There is a reason that SVCD didn't catch on and you are seeing it. The rez is less the problem than the format. The SVCD just can't really hold enough info to give good results. Here's some info I borrowed from Wiki-pedia.

Playback issues

Presentation of SVCD titles on most players is marred by an unfortunate violation of sampling theory almost built into the specification. The two-thirds choice of resolution is rarely consistently implemented end to end, through the full player electronics. Because a DVD player might include provisions for various VCD, SVCD, and DVD horizontal resolutions (352, 480, or 720) and only one analog low pass filter is provided, 2 out of the 3 formats will suffer aliasing when presented on the screen. Usually, the best resolution, DVD 720 dictates filter design, with SVCD display suffering from "foldover". While displays should follow correct theory, the objectionable aliasing artifacts that result are usually buried in noise from other sources, such as camera, quantization, and MPEG artifacts.

Doesn't Dish have non-HD ViP receivers ? I thought they did but looking at the website, I don't see anything.

Will EA only be supplied to people who sign up for an HD programming package ? Maybe that's the case. They'll get a 311 or similar and point at 110/119 and wherever their locals are.

Nope. All ViP receivers are HD. The ViP models are 211, 411, 222, 622, 722, and 612.

I'm looking to decrease rain fade, and while I know that the power of the transponders is a factor, if power (and other TP factors) were equal on all 5 birds (thus taken out of the equation), is it correct that the 'look angle' is higher for the elevations I've listed below on 110/119/129, and I would be subject to less rain fade on 110/119/129 than I would be on 61.5/72.7?

Rain fade is a BIG problem in Texas, so I'd like to make sure I understand the physics before making a decision to go with EA.

Are my elevations considered significantly higher on 110/119/129, or merely marginally higher?

Satellite Elevation
61.5° --> 37°
72.7° --> 45°

129° --> 41°
110° --> 52°
119° --> 48°

Do you need to be in a ZIP CODE from the above mentioned cities in order to purchase the equipment for the Eastern Arc setup?

I currently have a Dish NOW!/YA! prepaid setup, so I actually don't have an account with Dish.

They do not have my name, address, Credit Card, SS#, etc...

The only thing they would even have on file is the Receiver # for the prepaid card/greenmoney pak use for uploading prepaid programming.

So, if this is the case, I would be considered a "New" customer since, theoretically, I do not exist

I want as little to do with them as possible.

I am quite handy at setting up/installing my own Dish.

But do I have to live in one of the above areas(zip code placement for locals) in order to buy the equipment I want?

I want to:

1. Buy a New ViP222 w/new smartcard for a 2-room installation(1 HDTV and 1 SDTV)
2. Buy the New Dish 1000.4 for the Eastern ARC reception. No LOS issues for me
3. Install it myself. Again, I am quite handy, and after downloading and reading the instructions, does not look that difficult.
4. Order 1 of the Standalone TURBO HD packages only. NO LOCALS. I get my locals(actually about 10 HD locals I could not get signing up with Dish for locals)using an outdoor antenna. Most likely the Turbo HD Silver at the minimum.
5. NO CONTRACTS WITH DISH. I will own the equipment and stop and start as I see fit.

Can all this be allowed with the new Eastern ARC.

Can one buy the neccesary equipment from a local satellite dealer, and do the install/setup themselves without any interference?(this is my most pressing issue).

Thanx in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)