Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

I can't answer your question, but you are getting HD locals on 77w just fine because the original card works fine for them... your SD locals on 77w, however, would require the new one. Not sure why...

I asked this in another thread, but I fear it will be lost there. This seems like the right place.

I live in the harrisburg DMA, and have one VIP 722. I had two 500's (110/119 and 61.5). Long story short, after a conversation, Dish sent out a tech to install (for free) a 1000.4.

He left the 500 up there, aimed at 110 (he swapped out the dual LNB for a single one). He then aimed the 1000.4.

I don't have a new smart card yet, and so of course I don't get anything from 72.7 (I was told repeatedly by EVERYONE at Dish and at the installer that the smart card was not an issue). Oddly, I get my HD locals from 77 just fine.

Here's my question: If the installer puts the dual LNB back on the 500 and gets 110/119 again, can I disable 72.7 and get all those SD channels back? Will the input on the 1000.4 accept signals from both sats? Will my receiver know what to do with 110/119/61.5/77?

Thanks,
Ken
No the 1000.4 only accepts 1 sat input. You would need a dpp44 switch to pull in 4 sats.

Hemi: If your reciever does'nt have a card,it is not new. The middle-aged rec'.s don`t need them.The new setup is a whole new system,not just an upgrade.To completely switch over,you need a technician,new dish, new 3G compatible recievers, and new orbital locations.Current customers will have service as they are.If equipment fails,major fail here,Dish Network will decide to repair or replace your older system.Since we can't go switching everyone over unnecessarily,there will be few existing customers who get a new dish.

I got my new receiver installation at the end of August 2008.
Would it have an internal card that would allow me to go ahead and install an eastern arc dish? I understand that I would have to cover the cost of the new dish.

I bought my own 211K and 1k.4 dish and set it all up. Then I called Dish to see if they would turn on EA for me and they told me no i had to use the 1000+ dish. I told them why if I already had everything set up and ready to go.
They gave me the usual run around, so I told them to wait and I would get back to them. If I send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com do you think they will turn it on. It isn't going to cost them anything and all they have to do is push the button.
My 211k has the new card built in, software is up to date, and my St. Louis locals are already there., so I'm not seeing any reason not to turn it on. Do you think I have any chance to get them to turn it on? All I need is for them to turn on my HD!!! I get all of the rest of the channels!

I bought my own 211K and 1k.4 dish and set it all up. Then I called Dish to see if they would turn on EA for me and they told me no i had to use the 1000+ dish. I told them why if I already had everything set up and ready to go.
Bizarre. Were you able to activate the 211k on an existing account, or are you a new account for Dish? Are you asking for any international channels?

Edit: Looks like your SD locals are only on 110, while your HD locals are both on 118.7 and 61.5.

Last edited:
jakesnake: if all your receivers are compatible, just tell them you want to activate HD and if they ask if you have a dish1000 just say yes. do you have any non-mpeg4 receivers on that account?

jakesnake: if all your receivers are compatible, just tell them you want to activate HD and if they ask if you have a dish1000 just say yes. do you have any non-mpeg4 receivers on that account?

They told me that they are waiting to get confirmation from my 211k when 118.7 reception is verified to turn on my HD, even though they know I don't have a 1000+ dish. I'm not going to buy a 1000+ and a DPP44, nor am I going to get locked into a 2 yr contract just to get free installation of the 1000+ just to satisfy them! :)
They just need to quit being idiots and just put me on EA :)

Dish doesn't activate as EA or WA, they activate channels. Anyone can change their dish from WA to EA or back and your receivers will have the same channels without any thing being done by Dish Network, provided you have the right receiver/card and the channels are actually on the satellites you are pointed at.

I asked this in another thread, but I fear it will be lost there. This seems like the right place.

I live in the harrisburg DMA, and have one VIP 722. I had two 500's (110/119 and 61.5). Long story short, after a conversation, Dish sent out a tech to install (for free) a 1000.4.

He left the 500 up there, aimed at 110 (he swapped out the dual LNB for a single one). He then aimed the 1000.4.

I don't have a new smart card yet, and so of course I don't get anything from 72.7 (I was told repeatedly by EVERYONE at Dish and at the installer that the smart card was not an issue). Oddly, I get my HD locals from 77 just fine.

Here's my question: If the installer puts the dual LNB back on the 500 and gets 110/119 again, can I disable 72.7 and get all those SD channels back? Will the input on the 1000.4 accept signals from both sats? Will my receiver know what to do with 110/119/61.5/77?
To get 110/119/61.5/77 you need to do the following using a DPP-44 Switch.

From the 1000.4, send a line from both the 1st and 3rd output to the DPP-44 Switch (Do not use the middle output, as it is 72).
From the 500, send an output from both the 110 & 119 to the DPP-44 Switch.

This is the way to get all 4 outputs that you need.

btw, how did you get Dish to install the 1000.4 for free?
A friend of mine in York just did a Dish Mover, and the idiot installer would only do a 2 Dish 500 or a single 1000.4 install. He refused to do what I said above, said it wouldn't work (probably didn't want to spring for the cost of a DPP-44 on the install).
So he only set my buddy up with 110/119/61.5 (ie no HD locals). Friend has a 522 in his mix, so needed 110/119.

btw, how did you get Dish to install the 1000.4 for free?
A friend of mine in York just did a Dish Mover, and the idiot installer would only do a 2 Dish 500 or a single 1000.4 install. He refused to do what I said above, said it wouldn't work (probably didn't want to spring for the cost of a DPP-44 on the install).
So he only set my buddy up with 110/119/61.5 (ie no HD locals). Friend has a 522 in his mix, so needed 110/119.

I got on live chat with a CSR, said I'd heard that my HD locals were live, and wanted them activated. They sent the tech out for free.

BTW, I got my smart card in the interim, so now my installation is as it should be; I still have 110 installed, but it does me no real good, and I'll take that dish down when I have the time.

Ken

I got on live chat with a CSR, said I'd heard that my HD locals were live, and wanted them activated. They sent the tech out for free.

BTW, I got my smart card in the interim, so now my installation is as it should be; I still have 110 installed, but it does me no real good, and I'll take that dish down when I have the time.

Ken
If you want Guide Data for any OTA digital subchannels you receive, then you'll need to keep 110 in the mix.

can someone please provide a link to the installtion guide?

I'm referring to the guide issued to the tech's that gives azimuth, elevation and skew angles based on zip code?

I found it somewhere on the web, but I'm having trouble digging it up now. I had to relocate my dish to my chimney due to tree interference and it nearly took me all day to get the azimuth right.

FWIW, it came out sometime in early-mid August.

edit: fount it here:

http://www.trainhpts.com/Trainhpts/Eastern%20Arc/EA%20Dish%20Assembly.pdf

maybe one of the mod's can add this to the first page of this thread.

If you want Guide Data for any OTA digital subchannels you receive, then you'll need to keep 110 in the mix.

Really? How do new EA subs get OTA guide info, then? I presumed that data was sent down 72.7 as well.

That really surprises me...

Ken