Eastern Arc from Puerto Rico

just to report, I added last week a 6' dish in my home in PR to get the 61.5 sat HD signal, and it worked. And yes, it was with a Florida address account. Nothing below a 6 feet dish will work from puerto Rico. (failed with a 5.5' dish on too many transponders)

Now I WANT the new additional HD's on 72.7 ;)

Last edited:
Don't bother
72.7 and 77 are too weak to reach this area.

I'm in Venezuela and I get signals from 72.7 & 77....
all you need to use are larger antennas....
not same than used for 119W

For example:

I use 50.1 dBi gain antenna for 119W
and for 72.7 I have used 53.2 dBi

my best guess is that with a 6 ft. (45.9 dbi gain) you might get levels.
8 ft. will be even better but you will have to run tests.....

72.7 from Puerto Rico with 8' antenna

Hi RafaelCC

Question when you refer to a 53 dbi antenna gain you are refering or impling it's size. Exactly what size antenna are you using to recive 72.7. I have an 8' footer pointed at 61.5 but if it works I would repoint it at 72.7 to get all the new HD. Hate Dish for changing plans on putting more HD on 61.5 this is excluding PR from getting all the new HD's. Not goog at all. Has anyone else tried pointing at 72.7?

Thanks
Richard Davidowski

Hi RafaelCC

Question when you refer to a 53 dbi antenna gain you are refering or impling it's size. Exactly what size antenna are you using to recive 72.7. I have an 8' footer pointed at 61.5 but if it works I would repoint it at 72.7 to get all the new HD. Hate Dish for changing plans on putting more HD on 61.5 this is excluding PR from getting all the new HD's. Not goog at all. Has anyone else tried pointing at 72.7?

Thanks
Richard Davidowski

yes refering to size also efficiency....
If you are in P.R. 8 ft. should work great.

Good Luck!!!

I'm in Venezuela and I get signals from 72.7 & 77....
all you need to use are larger antennas....
not same than used for 119W

For example:

I use 50.1 dBi gain antenna for 119W
and for 72.7 I have used 53.2 dBi

my best guess is that with a 6 ft. (45.9 dbi gain) you might get levels.
8 ft. will be even better but you will have to run tests.....

Yes you can do that,IF you do it by yourself and you own house ,But for the costumer standpoint is not cost wise.For example a 6' dish any brand cost around $ 650.00 to $ 750.00 stand alone with out installation fee.Therefor all my costumers who want more HD I suggest to them wait for Echo 15(61.5)and they will have hopefully the same channels that anybody else with a smaller dish(Probably 30" or less)and with this economy that make more sense.
My 2 cents.:)

Yes you can do that,IF you do it by yourself and you own house ,But for the costumer standpoint is not cost wise.For example a 6' dish any brand cost around $ 650.00 to $ 750.00 stand alone with out installation fee.Therefor all my costumers who want more HD I suggest to them wait for Echo 15(61.5)and they will have hopefully the same channels that anybody else with a smaller dish(Probably 30" or less)and with this economy that make more sense.
My 2 cents.:)

Hello technoguy:

you wrote and I quote:

Don't bother
72.7 and 77 are too weak to reach this area.

the second answer seems more close to reality? no one said it would be cheap...Puerto Rico is Fringe, reception in fringe isn't as cheap as in CONUS if you have to use 4 ft and up then you are in fringe

Hello technoguy:

you wrote and I quote:

what will be your final answer then? yes or no?

Listen
my friend this is not a pissing match,For dishes that we are using here...YES,Even more people in some states with EA Dishes have reported weak signals at 72.7 or 77.If you have it in Venezuela good for you.but for my costumers expenses I would not recommend to them .end of the story.:)

Hi RafaelCCs

Sorry for asking again. What antenna size are you using for 72.7 over there in Venezuela. I have a Channel Master 8' footer that I can work with. But right now is pointed at 61.5 and would not like to mess around with it if it is not worth the effort. Thanks for the help on this.

Listen
my friend this is not a pissing match,For dishes that we are using here...YES,Even more people in some states with EA Dishes have reported weak signals at 72.7 or 77.If you have it in Venezuela good for you.but for my costumers expenses I would not recommend to them .end of the story.:)

Not trying to see who pisses futher....your brought this up.
If someone posts a question like...is a certain signal available in a certain area;
an answer that matches it should be posted and not an easy answer like forget it it's too weak for this area....

bottom line if you're not sure of your answers just don't post...it's better.

Hi RafaelCCs

Sorry for asking again. What antenna size are you using for 72.7 over there in Venezuela. I have a Channel Master 8' footer that I can work with. But right now is pointed at 61.5 and would not like to mess around with it if it is not worth the effort. Thanks for the help on this.

different set up I have done, all are minimal sizes in order to acheive good loacable signal levels per orbital slot:

I use a 5.0 m (prime focus) for 72.7
a 6.3 (prime Focus) m for 61.5
2.4 (off set fed) for 129W
3.8 m (prime focus) for 119W
2.4 m (off set fed) for 110W (not all transponders)
7.5 m (prime focus) for 101W

Last edited:
Listed Dude

I will tell you one more time,Our legal paying costumers,That's right ,US Paying costumers because if you don't know getting Dihsnetwork outside the US of their territories is Illegal,Will not pay a $ 1,000 + dollars for you own amusement.Botton line I have to take care my costumers pockets and not will get in to a "testing endeavor"just to make somebody happy like you,and I answer very clear you question.You are no body to tell me where and when I post

Listed Dude

I will tell you one more time,Our legal paying costumers,That's right ,US Paying costumers because if you don't know getting Dihsnetwork US the Us of their territories is Illegal,Will not pay a $ 1,000 + dollars for you own amusement.Botton line I have to take care my costumers pockets and not will get in to a "testing endeavor"just to make somebody happy like you,and I answer very clear you question.You are not body to tell me where and when I post.

I will not talk about what is legal or not...you will not take me there I have more years than you in this......you don't know if a signal is present in a certain area don't post...all I am suggesting is the precence of the signal.....not content or programming, etc......

I will not talk about what is legal or not...you will not take me there I have more years than you in this......you don't know if a signal is present in a certain area don't post...all i am suggesting is the precence of the signal.....not content or programming, etc......

Whatever:rolleyes:

Forgot to ask you Rafael. Are you able to get all TP's on 72.7 from echostar 6.

yes I do, some are a bit weaker than others....but all reach lockable levels.

If you like this you have to run tests....average technitians won't even bother to do these kind of research.

Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
RafaelCCS what antenna size are you using to get 72.7 in Venezuela?

I posted previously and I copy:

different set up I have done, all are minimal sizes in order to acheive good lockable signal levels per orbital slot:

5.0 m (prime focus) for 72.7 W
6.3 m (prime Focus) for 61.5 W
2.4 m (off set fed) for 129W
3.8 m (prime focus) for 119W
2.4 m (off set fed) for 110W (not all transponders)

E15 is schedule for 2010 for the 61.5 degree location, according to the following thread and FCC information inside the same thread.

more info at this link:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/205682-echostar-15-files-fcc-launch.html

According to the document links provided, the signal level in Puerto Rico/USVI will be comparable to the sat at 110 degrees and the new sat E14 that's moving right now to 119 degrees. Conus and Puerto Rico coverage. With that kind of signal strength Puerto Rico will only need a small dish similar to the ones that are going to begin selling this summer of 2010 to get 110 and 119 degrees.

more info on E15:
https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/echostar-15-61-5w-twl-conus-plus
https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/echostar-15-61-5w-tel-conus-plus

other satellite info:
https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home

RafaelCCS, Sorry for the ignorance but I have to be clear on the size. When you say 5 m Prime Focus is 5 meters wish is equivalent to 16.4 feet. When I mention my antenna size I was refering to it on feet (8' feet). The question would be: Would an 8' Feet antenna from PR work?

Thank you for your patience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)