Eastern Arc from Puerto Rico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here goes my 2 cents for Dish....

Why cant Dish leave all national HD on 61.5 CONUS, after all, Echostar 15 will have coverage in PR (dont know if it is only Spotbeam or CONUS)

It makes sense to have all National channels in Sync between 129 and 61.5 etc. (I know SD channels are differentt in both Arcs, EA is MPEG4 and WA still MPEG2, but we are talking about HD and that is MPEG4 all the way).

El Titanio has a good point, we dont need Locals in HD, we already get them in HD via OTA.

Why cant we get all National and Premiums in HD (even if that means adding a 5'5" or a 6' antenna)?

Loyal Dish customers in PR have been using 4', 5' and 6' for years (I remember when 110 was really weak and the best setup was to use a 6').

The real hardcore customers (including myself) goes for Dish because of the amount of HDs we can get, even if that means that we have to deal with the headache of using big antennas (and pay more taxes, use a moved account). After all we are paying for the service not stealing it.

I prefer to pay $150.00 to Dish rather than paying Onelink $150.00 for 12 HD Channels.

After all 50, 60 or 70 HD channels are worth it.

I was the one that recommended the 61.5 for you and I was the one that installed my dish 5.8" mine works great have no problems with it. It's not my fault that your's did not work it.

so you also use 61.5, this satellite access is disabled from puerto rico accounts, you then did something to access it; and/or understand where I'm coming from.

I don't want to cause nonsense here, Im trying to make a point. people install whatever they want, to get whatever channels they want, when they want, and usually the way around that works for them.

because Puerto Rico programming sux, period (.)

All this happened in just a couple of days out of the forums :D.

Well my 2 cents, we've been a fringe market since the C-band days. PR residents had been willing to pay more for good tv for a long time. So if you have the cash you do what you like. I have Dish since 1998 and back then a 6' Dish was the minimun size to get even a mediocre service. A small cloud will take my HBO away. Even tough the installation were a pain in the ass, the profit from the installations was great. Those were the days. Back then only a small number of people were installer and we were very proud of the service we provided. Customers back then were willing to pay for the "expensive service".

Then the cheap dealer game started, giving away a free installation/new account, and basically almost $200 worth of equipment and getting like $75 reimbursed.. So the big dealers started hiring a lot of "installers" to cover their losses in exchange for the monthly income that Dish pay for each customer activated by that same dealer. Anyway anyhow, that's how the cheap game ruined our market and the customers wants everything for free. So once again it can be expesive to get the Nationals HD, but if you have the money go for it.

For the 1st time we can actually say that we dealers can give a free installations, because on June 6 or whatever the DHA starts here, and this will reimburse the full cost of the New PR installation kit.

My friend Techno, yeap I know him personally, you'll be surprised if I tell you the amount of customers with the 6 footer 61.5 setup for the HD package, and I mean this started back when VOOM started. Many people just realigned their existing 6 footer and got a 4' or 5' for the 119 location. My business parter and I actaully specialized on HD setups until Dish ruined it all for us tooking away our ability to activate the US HD Package. That kind of activations should be handle by authorized dealers only, so no subscribers could activate the package and started bitching later for not getting the channels, well they didn't have a big enough dish. Actually one of the reasons that Dish removed the package for PR. I have a PR address with my National HDs and have then since the Voom days too, I lost my package once due to a CSR Moron, that started playing with my subscription, and once the HD package is taken away it is a nightmare to get them back.(Thank's to Rdavidowsky for that great phone number) Once you get out of the CSR Roulette, the advance Techs are just another story, very helpful.

Rdavidowsky f there's someone that can undertand you is me, we'd been( fighting for years, we'd made some progress. Why they charge the same amount as the US for less channels, because they CAN.

So going back to what I should been the subject, I tried to get the 72.7 with a 6 footer. No luck and pointed back to 61.5 and it got cloudy that morning so I gave up. There's a huge differnce between a 6 and a 8 in terms of gain. So for the sake of us the extreme high end users try it early in the morning. Do it old fashion way with a tv and receiver on the roof with the help of a good sat finder.

Take care everybody, and Rafael happy to see you around. I haven't see a post from you in a log long time. We had an area for Latin America and the original forum and was one of the moderators.

You all take care, and no fighting ;)

Tom

I got mine legally I have got my address here in Puerto Rico When Ravi gave the number a couple of months ago I jump on and called the Dish Advance Tech here is the number 1-888=681-0879

"I don't want to cause nonsense here, Im trying to make a point. people install whatever they want, to get whatever channels they want, when they want, and usually the way around that works for them"
That's the point we can't do that ( As a Retailer,HSP or Contractor)If you as a costumer want to take the risk you forfeit any guarantees or Svs on you contract just because you choose other dma.

All this happened in just a couple of days out of the forums :D.

Well my 2 cents, we've been a fringe market since the C-band days. PR residents had been willing to pay more for good tv for a long time. So if you have the cash you do what you like. I have Dish since 1998 and back then a 6' Dish was the minimun size to get even a mediocre service. A small cloud will take my HBO away. Even tough the installation were a pain in the ass, the profit from the installations was great. Those were the days. Back then only a small number of people were installer and we were very proud of the service we provided. Customers back then were willing to pay for the "expensive service".

Then the cheap dealer game started, giving away a free installation/new account, and basically almost $200 worth of equipment and getting like $75 reimbursed.. So the big dealers started hiring a lot of "installers" to cover their losses in exchange for the monthly income that Dish pay for each customer activated by that same dealer. Anyway anyhow, that's how the cheap game ruined our market and the customers wants everything for free. So once again it can be expesive to get the Nationals HD, but if you have the money go for it.

For the 1st time we can actually say that we dealers can give a free installations, because on June 6 or whatever the DHA starts here, and this will reimburse the full cost of the New PR installation kit.

My friend Techno, yeap I know him personally, you'll be surprised if I tell you the amount of customers with the 6 footer 61.5 setup for the HD package, and I mean this started back when VOOM started. Many people just realigned their existing 6 footer and got a 4' or 5' for the 119 location. My business parter and I actaully specialized on HD setups until Dish ruined it all for us tooking away our ability to activate the US HD Package. That kind of activations should be handle by authorized dealers only, so no subscribers could activate the package and started bitching later for not getting the channels, well they didn't have a big enough dish. Actually one of the reasons that Dish removed the package for PR. I have a PR address with my National HDs and have then since the Voom days too, I lost my package once due to a CSR Moron, that started playing with my subscription, and once the HD package is taken away it is a nightmare to get them back.(Thank's to Rdavidowsky for that great phone number) Once you get out of the CSR Roulette, the advance Techs are just another story, very helpful.

Rdavidowsky f there's someone that can undertand you is me, we'd been( fighting for years, we'd made some progress. Why they charge the same amount as the US for less channels, because they CAN.

So going back to what I should been the subject, I tried to get the 72.7 with a 6 footer. No luck and pointed back to 61.5 and it got cloudy that morning so I gave up. There's a huge differnce between a 6 and a 8 in terms of gain. So for the sake of us the extreme high end users try it early in the morning. Do it old fashion way with a tv and receiver on the roof with the help of a good sat finder.

Take care everybody, and Rafael happy to see you around. I haven't see a post from you in a log long time. We had an area for Latin America and the original forum and was one of the moderators.

You all take care, and no fighting ;)

Tom
Hello my friend
Yep we're been around fighting this nonsense about retention dept blocking 61.5 to us.
But as many others been stated on this post that will change soon.With a little 30"
wind dish at 61.5 with the new sat

SatBeams - Satellite Details - Echostar 15

"I don't want to cause nonsense here, Im trying to make a point. people install whatever they want, to get whatever channels they want, when they want, and usually the way around that works for them"
That's the point we can't do that ( As a Retailer,HSP or Contractor)If you as a costumer want to take the risk you forfeit any guarantees or Svs on you contract just because you choose other dma.

you cant do it? fine. so you deal and sell DISH puerto rico services.....but I didn't came here to buy them. you are being an unhelpful prick on your own selfish way, and this is a web forum, this is not related to your business in any form. respect the forum neutrality, otherwise you are being a spammer. just sell your services in your store or in the street, in your call center, yourself or with your sales people. stick to pushing household contract fraud, as every other DISH sales retailer and sales people here in Puerto Rico, and we all are going to be happy, legally on their own way. but dont come here preaching all this legality bu11shit, because you are not any more legal than me in any way. the rest is none of your god damm business.

you cant do it? fine. so you deal and sell DISH puerto rico services.....but I didn't came here to buy them. you are being an unhelpful prick on your own selfish way, and this is a web forum, this is not related to your business in any form. respect the forum neutrality, otherwise you are being a spammer. just sell your services in your store or in the street, in your call center, yourself or with your sales people. stick to pushing household contract fraud, as every other DISH sales retailer and sales people here in Puerto Rico, and we all are going to be happy, legally on their own way. but dont come here preaching all this legality bu11shit, because you are not any more legal than me in any way. the rest is none of your god damm business.

Dude for last time this is a forum who people ask questions about how they can improve or help about their service LEGALLY.Do you get it or not? This is not about You or me is about the average Joe who pays their service on a law binding contract that they have with Dishnetwork.You don't like my answers deal with that,If you want a free ride you won;t get it here.

Dude for last time this is a forum who people ask questions about how they can improve or help about their service LEGALLY.Do you get it or not? This is not about You or me is about the average Joe who pays their service on a law binding contract that they have with Dishnetwork.You don't like my answers deal with that,If you want a free ride you won;t get it here.

last time I checked I'am Florida paying customer using his equipment in Puerto Rico, and this is not a dish network afilliated forum (this forum even has FTA subforums), and mostly this is not YOUR forum.

You are a spammer.

And I can still chase whatever satellite I want. Deal with it.

last time I checked I'am Florida paying customer using his equipment in Puerto Rico, and this is not a dish network afilliated forum (this forum even has FTA subforums), and mostly this is not YOUR forum.

You are a spammer.

And I can still chase whatever satellite I want. Deal with it.

You're a joke
If a recall correctly you were the one who pm me ask me for help and for a cheap dish for you thing.I NEVER pm nobody here offering nothing.The deal with people like you is when you mess around with your equipment then ask for the company who invested in you with FREE equipment to resolve the problem for free,Do whatever you want is your CHOICE but then don't ask for ANYTHING FREE.
I done with you.

You're a joke
If a recall correctly you were the one who pm me ask me for help and for a cheap dish for you thing.I NEVER pm nobody here offering nothing.The deal with people like you is when you mess around with your equipment then ask for the company who invested in you with FREE equipment to resolve the problem for free,Do whatever you want is your CHOICE but then don't ask for ANYTHING FREE.
I done with you.

Oh btw the FTA section in this forum is for aficionados who get TRUE free to air channels.

If I remember correctly, Nimiq 5 was in construction for use by Bell Canada when Dish struck the deal to lease space from the Canadians. So, the beam was not optimized for Conus Plus.

Bell accepted later delivery for a replacement, Nimiq 6, scheduled for 2012.

Sure would be great if they could do a trade and optimize Nimiq 6 for 72.5W Conus Plus and moving Nimiq 5 back to it's originally scheduled use (Bell Canada).

Then PR would have full Conus service from 2 satellites and be in the cat bird seat for standard service with small antennas.

You're a joke
I done with you.

total nonsense. i am paying my service, and I actually paid my current PR setup and installations. I have not asked for anything free, you said it your self: I asked you to sell me a cheap large antenna, but you are the "Dish PR Superhero" and you are against it. lol . it would be ridiculous for me to ask for "free" service from a PR provider if I mess with anything because Im registered in another state. Please be done with this thread............... and deal with it. Thank you.

[[ él muhmuhbeeshaw éste está moldio pq yevo men0s de un mes aqu1 y sin saver nada de esta m1erd, y ya teng0 mas canales q los idi0tas q le llevan el cuent0 éste del dish PR. what a joke. aqui cualquiera instala antenas y cualquiera las vende baratas. ridiculo elitista. ]]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)