Eastern Arc from Puerto Rico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The recent announcement that Dish will add only 15 more HD channels to PR lineup was disappointing....& I expect atleast 4-5 of them being local HDs...so basically PR will have abt 10 more national HD channels.Since the E15 have strong signal for PR...but with all national HD on 72.7....I have no idea how that sat will be helpfull here...unless Dish has a change of heart & start placing all the national HD back on E15

I thought that echo 14 will have 4 tp for PR. That will make at least 28 new hd additions, some of them were supposed to be Discovery HD and NGeo HD in spanish right. Do they change plans again or what?

I thought that echo 14 will have 4 tp for PR. That will make at least 28 new hd additions, some of them were supposed to be Discovery HD and NGeo HD in spanish right. Do they change plans again or what?

No idea if they change the plan or not...but Dish announced that they will add 15 HD channels for PR once E14 is operational. I expect some locals in HD eg Univision, Telemundo etc...& that will leave abt 10-11 national HDs to be uplinked.Although with better signals...Dish might make better use of CONUS bean & free up some space on it...& put national HDs for there also. But this will take time. So will have to see

New Channels:
HD 120- Top 120 plus HD
ABC Family HD- mehhh
E! Network- tremenda pelota de mierd@ ni siquiera se porque añaden esto
Espnews HD-
Travel Channel Hd

HD 200- Top 200 Plus HD
BBC America HD
BETHD
Golf Channel HD
MSNBC HD- Siguen las mierd@s a ver s nos dan canales de interes general
NBA-TV HD
NFL Network HD- Nelson se te dio
Speed HD

HD250
Fox Soccer HD
Nat Geo HD
Palladia HD
Tennis HD

Plus all the channels that ae available today.

My opinon, too much Sports Channels(7 out of 15 couting Speed as a sports channel) and I'm a sports guy. I you want to sell more new Dish Systems is PR Charlie do your homework first. E!-HD? what a joke....but that's me .NFL Network is a must, this will help me a lot as NBA TV-HD.

And for God Sake's were're HD Shopping Channels? LOL :D

As for the local channels, Charlie don't waste the bandwith on those POS. We can get those OTA anyway...We need the Networks on HD(ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX), not Telemundo, Univision and the rest of crappy local channels.

So there's your 15 channels, source: offical Memo to Retailers last Thursday..

New Channels:
HD 120- Top 120 plus HD
ABC Family HD- mehhh
Espnews HD-
Travel Channel Hd

HD 200- Top 200 Plus HD
BBC America HD
BETHD
Golf Channel HD
NBA-TV HD
Speed HD

HD250
Fox Soccer HD
Nat Geo HD
Palladia HD
Tennis HD

My opinon, too much Sports Channels(7 out of 15 couting Speed as a sports channel) and I'm a sports guy. I you want to sell more new Dish Systems is PR Charlie do your homework first. E!-HD? what a joke....but that's me .NFL Network is a must, this will help me a lot as NBA TV-HD.

As for the local channels, Charlie don't waste the bandwith on those POS. We can get those OTA anyway...We need the Networks on HD(ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX), not Telemundo, Univision and the rest of crappy local channels.

Theres some good HD channels ie popular with viewers generally like NBA, NFL, Travel Channel, National Geo...but still the channels r quite strange....& no premium HD channels is quite strange....atleast 1 more Premium HD channels for 4 premiums could have been good....plus Epix HD could have been very good BTW Tom...I see u listed the channels in breakdown by package. As I know Dish currently have only 1 HD listing for PR...meaning...if u sub to HD...u get all the HD channels that they have for PR. Will that change with the additional 15 HD channels.

Ok for God's Sake. This is a miserable waste of space on the TP's for PR. Thank God I have 61.5 working with HD Platinum. Sorry for that, but come on Dish you assign 4 TP's to PR wish basicaly is 8 channels per TP. This gives us 32 HD channels and they are only adding 15 what is happening with the other 17 channels. With the current compression they are putting 8 HD channels per TP. How come they are only adding 15 and no ABC, CBS, Fox, or CW? What is with the wasted space? And Please NO LOCALS IN HD. I have Dish to get rid of PR programing, wish by the way is way beyond sucking!!!! At least I am getting BBC America and (E! (wish sucks)) that were added to 72.7 after the other bad decision by Dish for PR. Still can't get over the decision of adding only new HD to 72.7. Hope this is resolved with Echostar 15 and at last give us justice here in PR. Still, not holding my breath for this as Dish has proven decision after decision their bad judgment for PR.

PS. Espero que estos gringos entiendan de una vez y por todas que aqui hay 2 millones de clientes potenciales si nos dan todos los HD. Las companias de cable no sabrian que hacer si eso sucede. Sorry for the spanish but this is a puertorican thing.

New Channels:
HD 120- Top 120 plus HD
ABC Family HD- mehhh
Espnews HD-
Travel Channel Hd

HD 200- Top 200 Plus HD
BBC America HD
BETHD
Golf Channel HD
NBA-TV HD
Speed HD

HD250
Fox Soccer HD
Nat Geo HD
Palladia HD
Tennis HD

Thanks TomP!l
Wow NFL Newtwork, NBA TV that's great and Speed for my kid and me more Nascar on HD and Formula 1, But the rest is crap TOM! We Need real bad FOX, CBS, and NBC in HD!

Last edited:
Theres some good HD channels ie popular with viewers generally like NBA, NFL, Travel Channel, National Geo...but still the channels r quite strange....& no premium HD channels is quite strange....atleast 1 more Premium HD channels for 4 premiums could have been good....plus Epix HD could have been very good BTW Tom...I see u listed the channels in breakdown by package. As I know Dish currently have only 1 HD listing for PR...meaning...if u sub to HD...u get all the HD channels that they have for PR. Will that change with the additional 15 HD channels.

It means that if you have the 200 package you are getting those HD but you will not get the HD that will be on the 250

Ok for God's Sake. This is a miserable waste of space on the TP's for PR. Thank God I have 61.5 working with HD Platinum. Sorry for that, but come on Dish you assign 4 TP's to PR wish basicaly is 8 channels per TP. This gives us 32 HD channels and they are only adding 15 what is happening with the other 17 channels. With the current compression they are putting 8 HD channels per TP. How come they are only adding 15 and no ABC, CBS, Fox, or CW? What is with the wasted space? And Please NO LOCALS IN HD. I have Dish to get rid of PR programing, wish by the way is way beyond sucking!!!! At least I am getting BBC America and (E! (wish sucks)) that were added to 72.7 after the other bad decision by Dish for PR. Still can't get over the decision of adding only new HD to 72.7. Hope this is resolved with Echostar 15 and at last give us justice here in PR. Still, not holding my breath for this as Dish has proven decision after decision their bad judgment for PR.

PS. Espero que estos gringos entiendan de una vez y por todas que aqui hay 2 millones de clientes potenciales si nos dan todos los HD. Las companias de cable no sabrian que hacer si eso sucede. Sorry for the spanish but this is a puertorican thing.

DITTO...............completely agreed!!!!!!!

Concur with everyone else on the networks issue. I want them HD and I also want the closed caption issue fixed (on Fox and NBC, especially).

About what we already know, I like ESPNews, BBCA, MSNBC, NBA, NFL, NatGeo, Palladia (which is very hard to get for me on 61.5 right now)

Could not care less- E!, Speed, Tennis (unless they get Wimbledon), Golf

ABC Family, Travel, BETHD, Fox Soccer HD- I don't watch much, but nice to have, anyway.

Of course, the more the merrier, what I really wish is to have the same choice (as in "the same HD channels") as in the CONUS; we pay the same, we should get the same. And, of course, all the HD premiums, which now I get on 61.5, but some of them with a really weak signal strength, so they are not reliable. (Plus, there are some HD channels in 110 that are hidden for us right now, that's inexplicable).

If they add the locals, its OK with me, I live here and I try to stay informed of what is happening around me (even if I have to search around all the soap operas and imported talk shows!!!), but not if it means no premiums or networks.

Last edited:

The only explanation is that those HD channels cost less for Dish to add then some others....so they added it for viewers in PR....so that they can advertise higher HD channel count then any other provider (which they can do even now anyway).

Agree with ur observation. Currently on spotbeam from 110...Dish had abt 8 HD channel....why now 15 only from 4 on 119?

They still have space to put more channels it all depends on the bandwith 7-8 hd channels per spotbeam but if the HD channels comes from a Conus beam Our Spotbeam will have more space we will have to wait until Digi starts showing the uplink reports and see where are the putting those new HD channels for us. And PR can recieve more than 32 HD channels because they will put HD channels on Conus Beams like 110 has WGN, GREEN and CI are coming from 110 CONUS BEAMS. It's is still Good News I have been with Dish for almost 10 years much than a lot of people here and I brought my first equipment I remember about 300 for 1 dish and 2 301. At least we are getting new toys I have the 61.5 bird and as soon as the turn on NFL Network and Speed I will remove my HD 61.5 package and get ours.:) This is my personal opinion:cool: And I know that Dish is talking with Caribbean Broadcasting Network I have a friend tha works wih them and they are in contract negotiating to put the ABC, FOX, NBC on HD because I still cannot say nothing yet.

Conus Beams =Continental US, Alaska, Hawai, PR, VI
Spotbeams =For specific area

Last edited:
Well my friends, why I listed the Packages like that? Because those will be the new names for the packages. The same $10 fee will be added to the package that you select, but obviously the marketing catch is to force the customer to the AT-250 soon to be HD250 to get all the D Channels, this is completely obvious. Availability date, June 3 2010. Another Promo is the Free HD for life, well it stated that this offer is available for PR and USVI. 2 year contract, autopay, new and existing customers.

Dish is only allowing new customer activations with Mpeg4 receivers, a la Eastern Arc. So my opinion is that in order to use the new 30" Twin Lnb Dish, the signal will come from Spotbeams. I'm just hopping I'm wrong because the signal from the 110 is good even with a 18" Dish. So if the 119 location is going to have the same sat as the 110 there's no need for this.

I will love to get the BBC-HD from the PR package, but I have only the US Package and I'm not messing with the account again. I may lose them all like had happened twice before. The memo stated that the Platinum is not available to PR.

Finally Nelson, I get my HD Networks from All American Direct(Chicago Locals). It is pricey but I can watch the Bears games and all the Series and Sitcoms in HD. Also NBA, Hockey and MLB .

It's obvious that Dish doesn't know anything about our market. Not a single premiun channel in HD. WOW The only addition that I see worth it is ABC Family and NGeo but I no longer subscribe to the 250 pkg. I know that sports channels sell but movies channels are a most.

Well my friends, why I listed the Packages like that? Because those will be the new names for the packages. The same $10 fee will be added to the package that you select, but obviously the marketing catch is to force the customer to the AT-250 soon to be HD250 to get all the D Channels, this is completely obvious. Availability date, June 3 2010. Another Promo is the Free HD for life, well it stated that this offer is available for PR and USVI. 2 year contract, autopay, new and existing customers.

Dish is only allowing new customer activations with Mpeg4 receivers, a la Eastern Arc. So my opinion is that in order to use the new 30" Twin Lnb Dish, the signal will come from Spotbeams. I'm just hopping I'm wrong because the signal from the 110 is good even with a 18" Dish. So if the 119 location is going to have the same sat as the 110 there's no need for this.

I will love to get the BBC-HD from the PR package, but I have only the US Package and I'm not messing with the account again. I may lose them all like had happened twice before. The memo stated that the Platinum is not available to PR.

Finally Nelson, I get my HD Networks from All American Direct(Chicago Locals). It is pricey but I can watch the Bears games and all the Series and Sitcoms in HD. Also NBA, Hockey and MLB .

I recommended to your last year remember football season and you wanted to get Directv for Football and I told you about the HD channels from ALL American Direct, If Dish gets back the Los Angeles and New York I will jump back again!

TomP What about the Dish Latino customers? The other 15 Hd channels that will be available on what packages for dish latino

PR HD Spotbeams and Conus Beams

S=Spotbeam C=Conus Beam

S Animal Planet HD APL 4900 23s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S Discovery HD (not Discovery HD Theater 9421) DISC 4901 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico

S The History Channel HD HIST 4902 23s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S Cartoon Network HD (really Stretch-o-vision SD) TOON 4903 18s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico

S Comedy Central HD CMDY 4904 18s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S The Disney Channel HD DISE 4905 18s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S Disney XD HD DISXD 4906 23s48/49 110° E*10 AT200+HDs Puerto Rico
S Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite SAP NICK 4907 18s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
C TNT HD TNT 4908 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDE
C USA Network HD USA 4909 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDE
S Arts & Entertainment HD A&E 4910 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
C Syfy Channel HD SYFY 4911 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDE
S Bravo BRAVO 4912 23s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S Food Network HD FOOD 4913 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S FX HD FX 4914 18s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
SHome & Garden TV HD HGTV 4915 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S Lifetime Television HD LIFE 4916 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S Spike HD SPIKE 4917 18s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S TBS (Turner Broadcasting System) HD TBS 4918 18s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
C HD Theater NOT Discovery HD (9487) HDTHR 4919 13 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDU
C HD Net HDNET 4920 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDE
C HBO HDTV (East) HBO-E 4921 13 110° E*11 Puerto Rico
C Showtime HDTV SHO-E 4922 13 110° E*11 Puerto Rico
S Cinemax HD MAX-E 4923 23s48/49 110° E*10 AEP* Max* Puerto Rico
S Starz HD STARZ 4924 23s48/49 110° E*10 AEP* S/E * Puerto Rico
C HD Net Movies HDNMV 4925 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDU
S MTV HD MTV 4926 20s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S CNBC HD CNBC 4927 23s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S Cable News Network HD CNN 4928 18s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
S The Weather Channel HD TWC 4929 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico
C ESPN High Definition ESPN 4930 7 110° E*11 PR DLMax+ DLMax+HDE
S ESPN 2 HD ESPN2 4931 23s48/49 110° E*10 Puerto Rico
S The Learning Channel HD TLC 4932 20s48/49 110° E*10 AT100+HDb Puerto Rico

C 4933 WGN 110° E*11
C 4934 CI110° E*11
C 4934 GREEN 110° E*11

So Hd coming from Spotbeams= 24 HD channels
Conus =13 HD on 110

courtesy from my freinds bobabird, ramy, and tony http://www.dishuser.org/puertorico.php

courtesy from my freinds bobabird, ramy, and tony EKB: Dish Network for Puerto Rico

regarding to that link, its says on top of the page (see below), that the requirements from PR for receiving 61.5 is a 5.5 feet dish and this is not true. 5.5 feet does not work with echostar 3/12 (61.5). 61.5 ONLY works with dishes over 6 feet (in Puerto Rico). Please fix that, and do not make people waste their money as I almost did.

dishuser.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)