Eastern (Atlantic) Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, now that is a nice color scheme! Blends right in. It sure looks like a Winegard 1 meter to me, the dish itself is identical to mine, same rim, lnbf arm and supports, I did notice on the back the mount is slightly different. I don't see those dishes around here, mostly just the regular starchoice and expressvu smaller pans.
The plywood and mesh dish looks like an interesting project, prime focus, did you build from a plan or design it yourself?
Check the pictures below of my Winegard 1 meter.

When you are replying, scroll down and you will see a "manage attachments" selection.....you can upload pictures there.

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 118
Its nice to know it's a Winegard Dish.

I got the idea for the plywood/mesh dish from here, its fun if you have the time to play around but for most folks it makes more sense to go out and buy or scrounge one.

Thats the same dish (diffent colour though) with the same mount as my StarChoice dish. I found the mount a little weak and ended up putting a bolt through the motor shaft to prevent the dish from turning on the motor shaft. I also put a piece of metal on the back of the clamp for the mount to prevent the clamp from deforming as it tightened down. The dish is great, but the mount is a little weak. Winegard should of made the mount a little stronger. With the Winegard, the dish measures slightly bigger than 1m, but its effective size is 1m. That is what gives the Winegard a little more signal than other 1m dishes.
I sure wish mine had the centre bolt in the elevation adjustment like starman345's dish has. Would make it a lot easier to adjust.

going OT, here . . .

Thats the same dish (diffent colour though) with the same mount as my StarChoice dish.
I found the mount a little weak and ended up putting a bolt through the motor shaft to prevent the dish from turning on the motor shaft.
I also put a piece of metal on the back of the clamp for the mount to prevent the clamp from deforming as it tightened down.
The dish is great, but the mount is a little weak.
Winegard should of made the mount a little stronger.
With the Winegard, the dish measures slightly bigger than 1m, but its effective size is 1m.
That is what gives the Winegard a little more signal than other 1m dishes.
I sure wish mine had the centre bolt in the elevation adjustment like starman345's dish has.
Would make it a lot easier to adjust.

Larry - if you want to add a pivot bolt to your mount, see what we did for JsatTV last year.
He had a 1m Fortec dish, and complained that elevation adjustments took four hands. ;)

We also came up with a design for a screw elevation adjuster, too.
His was special because his motor shaft pointed up (must've been a big STAB motor)

In another thread, DirtyShame came up with a threaded elevation adjustment add-on for down-pointing motors.
Others have built on the idea, as well.

If any of this would interest you, I'll dig out the links.
And it might be wise to do a new thread .

Status
Please reply by conversation.