Easy motor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whipskinny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
If I try another receiver will I have to reset my sg-2100, or can I go to my true south sat with the first receiver and just enter it's longitude as my physical longitude on the second receiver?

If you can get to the motor, move to true south then do a reset at the motor

If not, just move to TS satellite and in most receiver menus you can tell it to reference this satellite as true south

Thanks Iceberg, that's all I needed to know.:)

Really loving my new hobby!!!

I think all you need to do, is enter your physical latitude/longitude location into your new receiver. I have swapped out between my Pansat and Coolsat several times and the motor goes where either receiver tells it to go. Never mess with any resetting or Go To reference. I use USALS exclusively, but I wouldn't think it would make any difference for 1.2 either.

Al

Same here... I don't reset anything. I just swap boxes and go. The boxes are sending commands to the motor to goto a position, the motor doesn't care or know what box it came from.

The additional input is really appreciated.
I have a horrible tendency to over analyze a problem to the point of never getting anything done.
I've really enjoyed FTA so far for the simple reason that I've had almost zero problems with anything pertaining to my motorized setup.
It didn't start out to well though. My original receiver, $60.00 Traxis 3500 from a pawn shop was DOA, would light up for ten seconds or so and then die. Happily donated to a landfill!. Family felt so bad for me after my couple years of dreaming about FTA that Not a single opposing voice was raised when I asked for another receiver. I now have THREE!! and a Mercury II is going to be ordered next week from AV Satellite (can't find a lower price anywhere)!

and a Mercury II is going to be ordered next week from AV Satellite (can't find a lower price anywhere)!

even if you could..... these folks stand behind their product and what they say .... worth even a little extra ....and i can say that for all the gold sponsors i've ordered from here....

Life couldn't get any better!
My son wants a motorized setup also, and I'm going to bite the bullet and order him the Geo Sat/ Mercury motorized combo Monday, just have to say that of the three receivers I now own the Coolsat kicks A**!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)