Echostar 14 119W transition information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am on the western arc 110,119,129.

What at the national channels I might be receiving from the transponders that were switched to ECHOSTAR XIV?

Go to TheList or Dishchannelchart.com and click on 119. Click on the transponder header to sort by transponder. Now look for transponders 8,9,11,12,15,16,19,20.

On 6/10 a couple of CONUS TP's will move from 5/6 FEC to 7/8, the rest of them on 6/17. I suspect the few I have heard receiving a faint signal in Mexico will lose the lock on the signal with this FEC change.

Prodelin (the gold standard for larger antennas) is going to see a bump in orders for their $$$$.00 parabolic antennas.

Transponder 6,10,13,14,17,18,21 will move over to E14 on May24th AM. Spots will continue to move as referenced in the first post of this thread on 5/24, 5/26, 5/27.

On 6/10 a couple of CONUS TP's will move from 5/6 FEC to 7/8, the rest of them on 6/17. I suspect the few I have heard receiving a faint signal in Mexico will lose the lock on the signal with this FEC change.

Wow....it's good to have someone with your kind of info here :up

Thanks.....

P.D. in all my years in DBS world (first posting in DBSdish & then DBSForums) I never saw this kind of info....probably I didn't visit to much Satguys.com....too bad, but I'm here now!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh well, looks like my viewing from 119 is about done. I get 0 signal on all the conus feeds moved to echo 14. Good thing I pretty much only watch HD anyway.
If your wondering, Im at 114 by 64 (NWT, Can)

Wait until transition...you might need to repeak, remember they squeezed in 0.05 deg. a secon bird @ 118.?? and you are in fringe people in CONUS can't notice but in Fringe things are different.

Wait until transition...you might need to repeak, remember they squeezed in 0.05 deg. a secon bird @ 118.?? and you are in fringe people in CONUS can't notice but in Fringe things are different.

The bird at 118.7 is on total different set of frequencies. So they didn't "squeeze" it in.

The bird at 118.7 is on total different set of frequencies. So they didn't "squeeze" it in.

What I mean was that they are controlling more the two birds EVII & EXIV in this transition, so as he is located in Fringe, he might be aimed in a non favorable way at the moment and is not reading good levels from one or other bird due to the fact of his location.....therefore I advice to wait until full transition and reaim.

man... if they really wanted to screw techs now's the time for it.. you could QAS a install and Transponders for 119 are all over the place. I couldn't get some over min requirements at all in the last few days and it was really bad early today!!! When will this be finished?

So conus transponders are going to be moving from 5/6 FEC to 7/8? Sorry if I missed this, but what on earth does this mean and what is the significance of the change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts