Echostar 14 update

I will be glad once the testing is over. E4 made it to orbit, but the solar panels did not open... Well they did later when they moved it to 148!

I think in about 10 days it will arrive at 138w for a full check out.
Thanks digiblur! At the end of the tests comes the hard part of waiting a couple of months to get the increase signal and more capacity.

It is Good to read Good News like this one!

Congratulations to Echostar, Space Systems/Loral, and ILS on the successful delivery of Echostar XIV to orbit. :up I love it when a plan comes together!

I ask because the signal level on 129 where I am is not the best. Its the first to go in rain fade. I get much higher signal levels off the 119 position.
You might try optimizing the aiming of your dish for higher 129W signals. 129W is a pretty hot satellite these days and 119W is arguably the Western Arc's weakest slot.

So the launch was self insured. How about the satellite? At least, the proper functioning thereof? Insurance? Or manufacturer's warranty? Or some form of both?

Haven't there been settlements in the past when there were problems with the sats?

So the launch was self insured. How about the satellite? At least, the proper functioning thereof? Insurance? Or manufacturer's warranty? Or some form of both?

Haven't there been settlements in the past when there were problems with the sats?

The Loral Space filing explain that their warranties are extensive and cover failures in the future. A significant risk for them.

Form 10-K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)