Echostar 14 update

Ok this bird is going to replace the one at 119 right?? Plus we got a new one at 129 now 119 are they going to do something with the 110?

Ok.. Dang so many of them going it up that it can be hard to keep count. So if this new 119 bird goes ok then heck all 3 should be in good shape. I wonder once this new 119 goes live what will they be able to do? Will the be able to add more channels and will it free up some bandwidth for them?

Ok.. Dang so many of them going it up that it can be hard to keep count. So if this new 119 bird goes ok then heck all 3 should be in good shape. I wonder once this new 119 goes live what will they be able to do? Will the be able to add more channels and will it free up some bandwidth for them?

Hmmm...someone needs to read back in this thread on my postings... or check out the Echostar 14 transition information thread ;)

110 has two relatively new birds. One CONUS one and one just for spotbeams.

Picked up speed.

Average 109 km below geo

moving 1.4 degrees/day

Wonder if they wanted a little more separation from the death ray (Galaxy 15) at 133W.

Dish defiantly has the health of WA going for them! Once they get a new bird up over at 61.5, dish is going to be looking really well health wise on all birds. I would think they would have a 5 year reprieve on launching birds if they wanted to, other than to increase bandwidth for tweeners and a 148 bird. Honestly why dont they mirror alot of their HD content over at 148 / 152 for AK and HI and let them have all the same joys as the mainland, only time shifted to thier hours?

And little bit more speed (Thursday 6:49 AM TLE)

average 116 km below geo

1.5 degrees/day

About 9 days from home

Last edited:
Honestly why dont they mirror alot of their HD content over at 148 / 152 for AK and HI and let them have all the same joys as the mainland, only time shifted to thier hours?

Because they've already got us paying 50% more for 75% less HD than the mainland. Why work up a sweat?

Appreciate the thought, though.

They need the spotbeam capacity for all the PBS-HD channels, and other local HD channels( other than the big 4) like CW etc.

I'm hoping that the previously mentioned additional spotbeam for the San Francisco DMA will allow for just that.

If the FCC gets their way they'll have to move it to 148. Otherwise they will probably hold on to it for a hot spare for 110/119/129.

Just passed by Ciel 2 and on cruise control

6 days to go at 1.5 degree/day.

Add a couple of days for moving into the "box" and it should be available for service around May 17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)