Echostar 16 at 61.5W

Here is a list I have compiled from what I've got here. It just list all the locations that have been lite up on 61.5. I only know that Dallas,TX. is on tp 24.
Digiblur (or Nelson61) mentioned before that the list of markets on SatMaps were just an estimation based on the geographic areas that the beams are aimed at. That I believe is why the "Unknown TID" keeps popping up in the uplink reports, because it is not known with certainty which spot# and which TP# correspond to each market.

So, for instance, you reporting that Dallas is on TP24, and the SatMaps showing SP15 as the spot for that area, then those can be matched with the TID#1384 from the uplink report to build the correct info.

At least, I think that's how it would work.

QuetzSat 1 is going to 77 and has coverage from Canada to Panama. I don't know what their plans are for QuetzSat 1 but it will carry some transponders for the US market.

Carl

77 is restricted to not broadcast in the northern US to keep from interfering with Canadian DBS which is why it is hard to receive in the northern US.

77 is restricted to not broadcast in the northern US to keep from interfering with Canadian DBS which is why it is hard to receive in the northern US.
Whish is amazing considering there were/are still markets in PA, OH, IN, IA on 77W CONUS.

QuetzSat 1 is going to 77 and has coverage from Canada to Panama. I don't know what their plans are for QuetzSat 1 but it will carry some transponders for the US market.

Carl

Quetzsat went live a couple days ago. only question is how far north it covers. Should go fairly close to canada border and through pamama.

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

Digiblur (or Nelson61) mentioned before that the list of markets on SatMaps were just an estimation based on the geographic areas that the beams are aimed at. That I believe is why the "Unknown TID" keeps popping up in the uplink reports, because it is not known with certainty which spot# and which TP# correspond to each market.

So, for instance, you reporting that Dallas is on TP24, and the SatMaps showing SP15 as the spot for that area, then those can be matched with the TID#1384 from the uplink report to build the correct info.

At least, I think that's how it would work.
Not really buying it. I just looked at the uplink report and the "unknown" TIDS seem to have area that it is for listed. I'm just thinking that the chart hasn't been done yet is all.

Not really buying it. I just looked at the uplink report and the "unknown" TIDS seem to have area that it is for listed. I'm just thinking that the chart hasn't been done yet is all.
Until Digiblur or Nelson chime in, who knows. But I do believe that the TID and market name are included in the uplink data, now it's just a matter of matching up the the TP# and SP#.

77 is much strong here in Central Vermont! Levels read on my 722k are In The 50's much better than before. Burlington Vermont seem to be on transponder 30 spotbeam on 61.5,also.

Do these engineers who are doing all these transfers and finally fill up E*16 work eight hours a day or is it a 24/7 operation. It would be nice to know since downtime on these SATS without being transmitting anything cost money. Especially when is going into it's third month this week of being launched.

Anyone know???????????????

Do these engineers who are doing all these transfers and finally fill up E*16 work eight hours a day or is it a 24/7 operation. It would be nice to know since downtime on these SATS without being transmitting anything cost money. Especially when is going into it's third month this week of being launched.

Dish is not in a hurry, they have time to do it. E12 is going to stay at 61.5. It is not costing Dish money, probably saving money by allowing the engineers to work normal work weeks instead of staffing extra engineers for a temporary job.

The uplink center is a 24/7 operation. But I don't think the standard eng is in charge of the transfer. I think that that is only done by the chief or assistant chief engs of the dept. I think that that is more complicated than just "throwing a switch". So they would be have both the standard op in the center w/ the head guys coming in to do the transfers. I know when I took the test to work at one of the uplink centers it was a very involved test. It also had to be done w/in a certain length of thine and get it back to them, IIRC w/in 72 hrs. I didn't get the interview so I don't know how well I did on the test. But I think I didn't quite make the deadline as I had a PC crash during the time. I remember having to do research on some of the things they asked as it wasn't something that had been going over in broadcast TV eng school.

Dish is not in a hurry, they have time to do it. E12 is going to stay at 61.5. It is not costing Dish money, probably saving money by allowing the engineers to work normal work weeks instead of staffing extra engineers for a temporary job.

Don't they have to move E*15 to another location??

Any rough ETA of when we will have tp to spotbeam info?

Anyone else is more than welcome to help reverse engineer this stuff though.

These remarks were made over a month ago. I think somebody needs to organize us, so that we can get this mapping finished. (The other site has it done already.)

I just haven't had the time lately. And I will admit the drive since I do not have Dish. Creating all those jpgs in Google Earth takes quite a bit of time. Plus matching all those TIDs to beams. I will put this on my schedule again for this weekend.

Sent from my little Note2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts