Echostar files to move E6 to 61.5W

I think you are confused at what I am saying. The spotbeams at 61.5 W wouldn't be duplicated at 77 W. What I was trying to say was that EA customers would have their locals come from either 61.5 W or 77 W so an EA customer wouldn't need to have a dish to pick up all three slots only two, 72.7 W and the one with their locals on it. This would make it easier and cheaper to install the dish. To add on to this concept, I don't see Dish having enough uplinks to use all 32 TPs at 61.5 W for spotbeams so perhaps some of the international programming could stay there as well as perhaps EA distant networks or other speciality programming.
The international stuff will be on 118.7 and eventually 72.7, this way EA folks done need a WA Plus Dish to get internationals.

I think you are confused at what I am saying. The spotbeams at 61.5 W wouldn't be duplicated at 77 W. What I was trying to say was that EA customers would have their locals come from either 61.5 W or 77 W so an EA customer wouldn't need to have a dish to pick up all three slots only two, 72.7 W and the one with their locals on it. This would make it easier and cheaper to install the dish. To add on to this concept, I don't see Dish having enough uplinks to use all 32 TPs at 61.5 W for spotbeams so perhaps some of the international programming could stay there as well as perhaps EA distant networks or other speciality programming.

I see, but is a full EA Dish really that much more? Might as well keep flexibility.

I see, but is a full EA Dish really that much more? Might as well keep flexibility.

It isn't the dish itself but the aiming and the LNB/switching complexity that ups the cost of an installation. I don't understand why Dish would put international programming on 72.7 W instead of just leaving it/bringing it back on 61.5 W for the EA customers. I'm not saying take it off 118.7 W for WA customers, it just makes more sense to have it on 61.5 W.

National HD and locals at 61.5, core programming on 77 and internationals on 72.7.

Lots of folks have 61.5 for HD now, and if they moved it there would be lots of Dish upgrades needed.

I guess the question is whether Dish waits until E-6 is moved to add more HD programming or just puts it on Nimiq 5 at 72.7 W until E-6 gets to 61.5 W. I know it will piss off the 61.5/110/119 W folks but it may only be for about a month or so.
If you look at yesterday's Uplink Report, you will see the new HD channels are already uplinked to 72.7 W (and 129, of course).

If you look at yesterday's Uplink Report, you will see the new HD channels are already uplinked to 72.7 W (and 129, of course).
Again they are on 72.7 to test the satellite.

If they turned them on there and 129 I would estimate that 65% of the people would not get them, there are a lot of people with old Dish 500's on the Western Arc who have 61.5 dishes for HD.

I'm sure Dish will make all EA installs for all three sats, just for future flexibility, as stated above. Things can change in 5-10 years, way beyond expectations.

Because they are getting things all setup and ready.

With a simple click of the keyboard the signals move from 72.7 to 61.5. :)

The routing at the uplink center is NEAT its all IP based and to rerout something its just a puch of a keyboard. When I was there it was neat seeing all the internal IP addresses of everything on Dish Network. :)

They definitely are hurting. Looks like southern california will be 0 to marginal at best.

Nelson, can you describe specifically the elements that go into that prediction ?

My experience is that when Dish moves a satellite, they then poll dealers in various places in the country for their signal strength, in order to tweak the position and pointing of the satellite.

Since EchoStar 6 was not designed for 61.5 West, then it seems likely that they will do that.

Looks to me like Northern Maine will be the larger problem. Like Digi said, no one in SoCal has 61.5. But I bet some in Maine do.

Most of our installs here are 110/119 and 61.5 I believe, especially here in Central Maine and north. Some Southern Mainers can use EA with decent results but my experiences with the 1000.4 were bad enough that I switched back to my 2 dish setup.

I've rest most of the thread and see no prediction on "GO LIVE" of E6 at 61.5. Any estimates on when we might expect this to happen? I'm interested in getting the new channels but not excited enough to move my dish if I will see E6 go live with new HD channels within three months. If it's six-12 months away, I'll point to 129 temporarily until E6 goes live.

Again, any estimate on a GO LIVE date for E6 at 61.5?

Frankly I don't know why SATS has to petition the FCC to move satellites around, but they do. The FCC hasn't acted as yet.

Well Jossy in from PR too and a Authorized Retailer. As far as testing I'm planning to do some this weekend. I have 2- 6' Channel Master. One aimed at the 61.5 and the other at the 110 location basically wasting it capabilietied because for that sat a 30" is more than enough t get a very stroong signal.

I just need the correct equipment to get that satellite. I already have a DPP44 switch..

Maybe somebody can help me here, since I'm not familiar with those installation, not needed here in PR. Do I need linear lnbs or my regular DP lnbs will work?

Last edited:
Yeah. I doubt even a 6 footer would grab it. I wouldn't waste the time unless you are really bored as PR is outside of the red line(35.5dbw).

Attachments

• 72_pr.jpg
    72_pr.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 161

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)