EchoStar-Rainbow

But Sean Mota is listed in the public comments requesting that they shoot it down so Voom can keep operating as an independent concern.

And they DON'T want to tick HIM off.

Just because Voom is gone as a distributor is no reason to change their decision to reject/stall.....

Sorry, My poor attempt at humor.....

Maybe we should start printing our "FREE CHARLIE" TShirts now......

C'Mon FCC. Voom the distributor is dead. E* and V* have agreed to buy/sell their primary asset so V* can morph into a programming concern. WHERE is the big mystery which is holding things up?

This is day 202 and not a peep from the FCC. E* must have missed one of their monthly extortion payments or the FCC is holding out for more.

Day 202 of Dish Viewers held hostage. Film at 11.

C'MON FCC. Stop kissing the NAB's butt long enough to approve the deal so they can start filling that dormant bandwidth. You're screwing us users as well as Charlie!

BobMurdoch said:
Day 202 of Dish Viewers held hostage. Film at 11.

C'MON FCC. Stop kissing the NAB's butt long enough to approve the deal so they can start filling that dormant bandwidth. You're screwing us users as well as Charlie!

What do you expect from the same government that brought you Fema 's slow response to the Hurricane Katrina. Maybe we should give the Fcc a "Hurricane" of complaints from Dish subs who want more bandwith. :rolleyes:

OK... Consiracy Theory In ref to the fcc filing above...

Dominion (Sky Angel) exclusively uses Echostar's facility to uplink programming... They also use E's Satellites and They also exclusively use E* systems for its customers...

Could this be Echostar's way of getting the bandwith one way or the other?

See press release quote:
In the future, under a satellite construction contract with Orbital Sciences Corporation, Dominion plans to launch two of its own DBS satellites, "DVS-1" and "DVS-2" to be collocated at the 61.5* W.L. slot. The two satellites are to be used as domestic U.S. DBS service backup to the EchoStar III DBS satellite with primary use for international DBS service and in the future, domestic U.S. DBS service as well.

They are using the new birds as 'backup' to Echostar III

Why would they get into a pissing contest with E with the FCC when their whole business is tied to E?

Sounds like E is involved somewhere in that... Could it be that E is bound to lose and Dominion can pick them up for E?

If so E* should immediately deactivate all SA* receivers and refuse to sell any more equipment to Sky Angel. They should cut off all revenue streams Sky Angel has. This will prevent any satellite construction or lease, and the ability to uplink, purchase equipment, pay vendors or for programming.

Sky Angel's existing licences will become unused at such time. After a certain amount of time unused they will become eligible for auction to E*

Its not personal its just business

Thats another good point to add to the conspiracy theory....

But I seriously doubt that Dominion pissed in E*'s court without a plan somewhere... Unless Dominion has alot of cash and/or backing to go at it alone, they are 100% dependent on Echostar to stay alive.

The FCC is saying that these auctions cannot be bid on by D* or E*

So that being said Unless Dominion can somehow sh*t out an uplink facility and everything else, they would not benefit by going against E*.

More logical is that this could be a big F-U to the Charlie Hating FCC... Echostar through Dominion secretly buys up at auctions bandwith that D* or E* cant bid on. After the 4 years are up, Dominion says Here ya go Charlie all your satellite space you wanted...

Things that make ya go HMMMM......

Dominion already pissed with E* when they sued E* not too long ago to remove all non-Dominion religious programming from E* If you remember Dominion won the lawsuit and E* was forced to remove such programming.

I am sure Charlie was not too happy about this and that incident further distanced the relationship.

I thought those 2 unassigned frequencies could not be given to e* or d*? Maybe there is more here than meets the eye

juan said:
I thought those 2 unassigned frequencies could not be given to e* or d*? Maybe there is more here than meets the eye

That was the FCC ruling awhile back but when Dish put in all the applications related to the Rainbow acquisition, they argued that the conditions related to competition that were the cause of this ruling by the FCC had changed.

I do believe the relationship between Dish and Dominion has greatly soured especially with that recent lawsuit. Dish could pull the plug on E-3 and put Dominion/Sky Angel out of business but they would have to a plan for their programming currently on the six Dominion leased TPs at 61.5 W. Now after E-10 is launched and Dish gets all the locals off of E-3, Dish could move E-6 to 61.5 W and shutdown E-3 since the contract with Dominion is tied to the health of E-3.

Another possibly related area that Dish needs to worry about is 3 of the licensed TPs at 157 W are at risk since E-4 was moved to 77 W. The FCC could take these away from Dish and give them to Dominion if in fact Dominion has plans for two satellites. This would give folks who can not see 61.5 out west access to Sky Angel programming. Dish could also cut a new deal with Dominion and trade TPs at 157 for use of TPs at 61.5.

One thing is for sure is that E-3 is nearing the end of its useful life.

rocatman said:
Dish could also cut a new deal with Dominion and trade TPs at 157 for use of TPs at 61.5.

I dont see this happening as that would take the whole entire east coast away from dominion.. as im in chicago and that bird is almost below horizon for me at a whopping 3 degrees elevation or so...

goaliebob99 said:
I dont see this happening as that would take the whole entire east coast away from dominion.. as im in chicago and that bird is almost below horizon for me at a whopping 3 degrees elevation or so...

What I meant is for Dish to put a newer satellite at 61.5 like E-6 and reach a new lease agreement with Dominion for some but not all of the 8 Dominion TPs there (which maybe 10 if Dominion get the two unlicensed ones). Dominion only uses 2 of their 8 at 61.5 and leases the other 6 to Dish. Dish would then lease a couple of TPs at 157 W on a new Dish satellite there to Dominion for the west coast.

rocatman said:
What I meant is for Dish to put a newer satellite at 61.5 like E-6 and reach a new lease agreement with Dominion for some but not all of the 8 Dominion TPs there (which maybe 10 if Dominion get the two unlicensed ones). Dominion only uses 2 of their 8 at 61.5 and leases the other 6 to Dish. Dish would then lease a couple of TPs at 157 W on a new Dish satellite there to Dominion for the west coast.

That would just empower Dominion even more. You want to weaken them, you want to make their market as small as possible and try to eliminate them all together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)