EchoStar-Rainbow

yea same thing... this time they gave me another number 1-202-415-0873, this lady is suppost to be handeling it... She transfred me to gardner foster whos convently not in the office... but who is handeling it is steve call him at the number posted above. He took my number and someone is suppost to be calling me back

Yep, just keep calling. The FCC delay in approving the sale/transfer of these frequencies is, at minimum, preventing E* from bringing us the entire VOOM21 lineup and [we hope] perhaps a few more HD channels as well.

I'd rather post this here than starting a new thread for 1 question.

I had realized today that I had not looked at the signal for the Rainbow Odd Transponders vs the Echostar Even Transponders since the software in the STB was updated to allow you to see Odd Transponders.

To my surprise, the Rainbow transponders were roughly 25-30 lower in signal strength than the Echostar Transponders.

Before I go out to screw with my dish/lnb alignment, I wanted to find out the difference between the 2 from others as well - or if Rainbow just has weaker transponders even though in the same orbital position.

As a side note, looking at the signal meter of both during the Sun Outage, it seemed clear that the Rainbow Bird is slightly East of the Echostar Bird as the signal drop started sooner and the recovery began faster.

I on the behalf of SatelliteGuys.US and our members have just filed a comment in this case.

My comments which were sent and delivered to the FCC have been attached to this document.

Attachments

• Scanned_.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 175
Scott Greczkowski said:
I on the behalf of SatelliteGuys.US and our members have just filed a comment in this case.

My comments which were sent and delivered to the FCC have been attached to this document.
Cool. Can't wait to see it show up on the FCC website. Or not, if this pushes the approval up to this week. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

That will certainly help, but I'm even more certain that 26,000 phone calls placed into the Satellite Division will be even more effective. Keep Calling! :cool:

Scott Greczkowski said:

On behalf of one of those 26,000, thank you Scott:)

Scott,

Um, you really need to work on your grammar for a document that is going to be in the public's eye ;)

Informal communication on forums is one thing, a formal document with the FCC is another :)

Best,

I passed it over to one of our lawyers in the office and they said it was find so I sent it. :)

I believe it hits the mark in the message its trying to deliver.

That is unless you are volulenteering being my copy editor John. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I passed it over to one of our lawyers in the office and they said it was find so I sent it. :)

I believe it hits the mark in the message its trying to deliver.

That is unless you are volulenteering being my copy editor John. :D

Don't yer fret ore it one bit Scotty.....them there FCC fellers will git the message:D

Scott,

I humbly suggest you forward a copy to SkyReports and any other industry trade publications or websites to try and bring attention to the issue for those that could embarrass the FCC for the delay.

I can't imagine why this is taking so long, unless it IS strictly politically motivated stonewalling to give Rupert, the Republican darling, and D* time to exploit the delay.

HDTVFanAtic said:
To my surprise, the Rainbow transponders were roughly 25-30 lower in signal strength than the Echostar Transponders.
Yep, I haven't given it too much consideration, but here are my signal levels under cloudy skies in VA:

Rainbow-1
TP1 - 104
TP3 - 105
TP5 - 105
TP7 - 103

E*3
TP18 - 110
TP20 - 115
TP22 - 114

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts