Echostar to offer Sat services during election

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
funny stuff with them.

they have the OBAMA channel. Nothing but him 24/7. Talk about trying to brainwash people.

Just another reason I no longer sub.

funny stuff with them.

they have the OBAMA channel. Nothing but him 24/7. Talk about trying to brainwash people.

Just another reason I no longer sub.
Oh, here we go again! It's a PAID ADVERTISEMENT! If McCain wants to buy time on Dish, he can too!

It's a PAID ADVERTISEMENT! If McCain wants to buy time on Dish, he can too!

Exactly! I wouldn't want to see McCain either. It just adds to the debate of having to pay for channels you don't want. Remember when TV was free and they made their money from the PAID advertisements.:confused:

Since I have found this site, I am die hard FTA.

OTA + FTA + Media Box = all the TV i can handle. Watch the shows I want, when I want--> for FREE.

it says 50 KU transponders so thats 105 & 121

a year ago those 2 sats were flooded with somewhere around 100 news feeds

Dish is renting 105, they own 121 and arent doing anything with either one right now except for renting space :)

Interesting.. guess they'll be some fun stuff to look for on 61.5/72.5/77/105/110/119/121/129/148 Do they own any other spots?:)

echostar story...

It's Ku-band capacity that Echostar has leased out for election feeds.

There won't be election feeds over the DBS satellites unless it's the final product intended for the end user to subscribe to (CNN, FOX News, CNBC, etc.)

Oh, here we go again! It's a PAID ADVERTISEMENT! If McCain wants to buy time on Dish, he can too!

The good thing about any of the politicial paid programming channels is that I don't have to come across them since they are put in groups with other paid programming. I have all the C*AP and TRASH channels removed from my DISH Network channel-flipping lineup. :D

back on topic

it says 50 KU transponders so thats 105 & 121

a year ago those 2 sats were flooded with somewhere around 100 news feeds

Dish is renting 105, they own 121 and arent doing anything with either one right now except for renting space :)
Also, the news announcement said "FSS satellites", not DBS birds, so that sort of limits the satellite list, too.
I think Iceberg is correct, and you'd best look to 121°, and maybe 105°.

edit:
Looks like 118° (technically FSS frequencies, but circular) is pretty full with all the International and HD locals. ;)
Though,.... what's actually on transponders: 13, 14, 21, and 31/32? :confused:
(transponder 14 is NT105, whatever that is)

Well there is the evil FD

Not that I can talk about it. But when I was looking up into the stars over the weekend. One sat produced a ob channel and it wasn't DN.

Hope that is enough of a hint for you guys.

Later,

Josh

Also, the news announcement said "FSS satellites", not DBS birds, so that sort of limits the satellite list, too.
I think Iceberg is correct, and you'd best look to 121°, and maybe 105°.

edit:
Looks like 118° (technically FSS frequencies, but circular) is pretty full with all the International and HD locals. ;)
Though,.... what's actually on transponders: 13, 14, 21, and 31/32? :confused:
(transponder 14 is NT105, whatever that is)

85, 105 and 121 are the sats. I doubt the open transponders on 118 will be used because I don't think many tv station portable uplinks or downlinks support circular polarity transmissions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)