Echostar TR40 & TR50 availability

ciwsguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
For all of those (including me) wanting those dish network converter boxes and wondering why you can't get them yet, here is the info on these boxes on their website. Note that they recommend holding off requesting your coupon as the TR40 won't be available until Summer. Too late for me - I already have my coupons and have redeemed them with available STBs. Specific availability dates of the TR50 isn't mentioned. :mad:

From the Dish Network website:

The TR-40 and TR-50 are DISH Network’s digital-to-analog converter boxes. The TR-40 will be priced at $39.99, when available, and is eligible for the government coupon program (click here to learn more). This means that you can use your $40 government coupon to get the TR-40 essentially for free (not including sales tax and shipping, where applicable). Our converter boxes will be available in the summer; so please hold-off getting your coupon until the summer as the coupons expire 90 days after they are issued.

The TR-50 is an advanced converter box which features award-winning DVR technology. The TR-50 was also CNET’s Best of CES 2008 Show Award Winner in the Home Video category. This great product allows you to easily record your favorite over-the-air shows and provides internet connectivity for future on-demand features. The TR-50 will not be eligible for the coupon program, pricing and availability will be announced soon.

sorry my paste did not work
here is is again
oh and no gov't supported boxes will have component.
oops I read the article wrong my bad

Where's My Coupon?
We began distributing coupons on February 17, 2008.

Coupons are being sent on a staggered basis – not all at once. Because of the high demand for coupons at the beginning of the program, it may take some time for you to receive your coupon. The table below shows the scheduled mail date based on the date your request was received and processed:

Your Application Approval Date Targeted Mail Date
January 1, 2008 2/18 – 2/29/2008
January 2, 2008 3/3 – 3/14/2008
January 3 - 6, 2008 3/17 – 3/21/2008
January 7 – 13, 2008 3/24 – 3/28/2008
January 14 – 30, 2008 3/31 – 4/4/2008
January 31 – February 16, 2008 4/7 – 4/11/2008
February 17 – 24, 2008 4/14 – 4/18/2008
February 25 - March 6, 2008 4/21 – 4/25/2008

*Note that coupons do not expire until 90 days after they have been mailed. Note also that coupons are being mailed via Standard mail (not first class mail), with delivery expected around 2-9 days from the mail date.

If you would like to check the status of your specific application to see whether it has been mailed or not, please enter your reference number, coupon ID or your address below.

as for availibility like I asked on the last charlie chat
tr-40 ,limited availibility in june
and tr50 will be availible in august.

Dodge,
That may have been what was said during the Charlie Chat, but I suspect that those are overly-optimistic dates. Call me a pessimist if you will, but I live in the real world, not Fantasy Island. Da Plane - Da Plane!:D

The cards have the expiration date on them, I got mine last week. It is 3 months from time of mailing. Mine expire in June. bad timing for me as I wanted to order the Echostar box. I still hoping for preorders before then. I got two cards so I can go get one local and play wait and see on Echostar box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)