EchoStar Unveils World’s First SlingLoaded HD DVR for Cable

Oh, now that's a fine idea. So we can have a great E* DVR dumbed down with a schizophrenic, illogical layout, sluggish operation and the all important circus noises. :rolleyes: Yipee. I can hardly wait.

I like your description of "circus noises"! I once saw a Itvo and I HATED the stupid noises that it made while in the menus and other places. I might have to start calling the thing "Itno"!!!!! :D :D :D

Remember: DON'T BE A BONEHEAD!! :D :D

Oh, now that's a fine idea. So we can have a great E* DVR dumbed down with a schizophrenic, illogical layout, sluggish operation and the all important circus noises. :rolleyes: Yipee. I can hardly wait.
I too prefer the 622 interface over the Tivo HD box, but we have FiOS TV and the Tivo HD is a good box with a lot of features. Also, nobody said this box had to run "Tivo software"...just needs the Tivo (or Sling for that matter) brand name if they hope to break into other markets outside of Dish Network.

Since they are cablecard ready, they could sell them at retail...
True, but without a contract with the Cable MSO EchoStar would be responsible for supplying customers with guide data. As we've seen with Tivo, the subscription DVR market is pretty small (and not profitable), and the Moxi isn't selling many of their $799 non-subscription HD DVRs.

I like your description of "circus noises"! I once saw a Itvo and I HATED the stupid noises that it made while in the menus and other places. I might have to start calling the thing "Itno"!!!!! :D :D :D
Yep, it was a race to disable the circus noises before I located a hammer...thank goodness it was pretty easy to disable the bleeps and bloops.

True, but without a contract with the Cable MSO EchoStar would be responsible for supplying customers with guide data. As we've seen with Tivo, the subscription DVR market is pretty small (and not profitable), and the Moxi isn't selling many of their $799 non-subscription HD DVRs.

Echostar already has a contract with Tribune for their existing subs. Maybe it wouldn't be a prohibitive cost. On the other hand, if they can get contracts this would be crazy better than the Motorola and has got to make Tivo very worried.

Everyday I must get atleast 5 telephone calls or emails asking when the 922 will become available, and now they announce this sh*t that they are making a cable converter that has a built in sling box :(

If Dish Network wants to make their DVR technology available to the cable companies, thats fine with me because the DVR is pretty much a pay television industry standard these days anyways. People don't care who writes the DVR software as long as they have a DVR in their home.

But this here is a stab in the back for everyone who sells DISH Network. DISH Network is susposed to have technology available that the competition does not have so we have the edge in the industry to attract more customers.

Whats the point now of all the hype for the 922 and having a sling loaded DVR for satellite when people can rent it from the cable company.

Why don't they just build the dam cable modem into the DVR while they are at it to save people the pain from running an eithernet cable from their router so its plug and play.

The description indicated that it DOES have a built in DOCIS cable modem. Only issue for using that for retail customers is then the customer would have two cable modems on their lines at home. That adds extra charge in those areas where it's supported, unless the box will also serve as a gateway and provide ethernet / wi-fi for the rest of the house.

Does anyone have a "spec sheet" for the T2200S? Will anyone be attending the 2009 Cable Show this week?

You asked and so you receive!

In fact SatelliteGuys members will see this official spec sheet BEFORE those going to the Cable Show will see it today! :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Feature_Sheet_T2200S-cableshow.pdf
    735.1 KB · Views: 422

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts