Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
Can you use a 3x4 multiswitch with 22khz ecoda switches and how to wire them into a motorized setup ?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sure, you can use a 3 x 4 multiswitch with any other switch. The multiswitch should be last before the LNBF, and all switches should be on the LNBF side of the motor (between the motor and LNBF).

If you don't need OTA perhaps just use a 4x4 switch. What are you trying to hook up?

you can't cascade (stack) switches that use the same protocol. If the multi-switch uses 22khz to switch inputs than you can't use the Ecoda with it. If it uses voltage switching for H & V inputs than yes you can.

If you don't need OTA perhaps just use a 4x4 switch. What are you trying to hook up?
i am trying to run a dual cband lnb with a dual ku lnb as a sidecar with two receivers only one needs to control the motor and OTA i was wanting to use the ecoda 22khz switches to switch between c and ku signals

I think I would go with a 5x8 or 5x4 switch. The ones I've seen have inputs 3 and 4 controlled by 22khz.

Cband on ports 1,2.
Ku on ports 3,4.
Port 5 OTA

This setup will do what you want. For cband leave 22khz off and for ku turn it on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)