Edision Edision Mio Configuration Issue

Hi all,

Before running a cable directly onto my stb from the lnbf, I checked the signal with the current cable going into the ASC1 with my satellite finder. I used 105w for the test. I was getting 15.1 dB on this cable.
I then ran a separate cable from the lnbf to the stb. Signal was again 15.1 dB on this cable with the satellite finder.
Connecting this cable to the stb made no difference. Although 105w is saved in the stb, it states “lnb of current satellite not compatible with plugin” when I go to scan. There is also no signal when I search for the specific transponder I was using with the satellite finder.

John

Hi all,

Before running a cable directly onto my stb from the lnbf, I checked the signal with the current cable going into the ASC1 with my satellite finder. I used 105w for the test. I was getting 15.1 dB on this cable.
I then ran a separate cable from the lnbf to the stb. Signal was again 15.1 dB on this cable with the satellite finder.
Connecting this cable to the stb made no difference. Although 105w is saved in the stb, it states “lnb of current satellite not compatible with plugin” when I go to scan. There is also no signal when I search for the specific transponder I was using with the satellite finder.

John
Do you have another satellite receiver you can put in place temporarily, just to see what happens?

Reactions: JFOK
Do you have another satellite receiver you can put in place temporarily, just to see what happens?
primestar31,

I have a geosat stb, but got to search it out. Haven’t seen it in a while.
This problem I’m having is VERY frustrating to say the least.
I hope my edision mio hasn’t “passed.”

John

primestar31,

I have a geosat stb, but got to search it out. Haven’t seen it in a while.
This problem I’m having is VERY frustrating to say the least.
I hope my edision mio hasn’t “passed.”

John
Try this on your Mio:

Menu > Setup > Flash Image > TNAP-4.1 (click on the +) > TNAP-4.1-osmio4k_20210911_multiboot.zip > Flash Image (flash it to a spare slot with NO restore)

Then do a mini setup on one satellite, and see what happens.

Although 105w is saved in the stb, it states “lnb of current satellite not compatible with plugin” when I go to scan. There is also no signal when I search for the specific transponder I was using with the satellite finder.

John
I had the exact same message a while back when I tried to do a blind scan. Can't recall for sure but I believe it was after an update. Anyway, it turns out the settings for some of my sats had been cleared. After I went back in and redid them, including making sure an lnbf was assigned to the sat, everything worked fine again.

Try this on your Mio:

Menu > Setup > Flash Image > TNAP-4.1 (click on the +) > TNAP-4.1-osmio4k_20210911_multiboot.zip > Flash Image (flash it to a spare slot with NO restore)

Then do a mini setup on one satellite, and see what happens.
primestar31,

Where is that image available ?
I know its site specific. Its been a while since I installed an image.

John

primestar31,

Where is that image available ?
I know its site specific. Its been a while since I installed an image.

John
It's available online, right there. It'll download and install directly from the internet if you follow my instructions above. Your receiver IS hooked to the internet, correct?

primestar31,

It was hooked to the internet before this issue. I can get that to work…I think

John
Full instructions, if you want to read up more. Do a flash WITHOUT BACKUP first, in another slot. Don't overwrite your present slot.:

Reactions: arlo and JFOK
primestar31,

With internet access on the stb, I followed your instructions (Menu > Setup > Flash Image > TNAP-4.1 (click on the +) > TNAP-4.1-osmio4k_20210911_multiboot.zip) but saw no TNAP 4.1.
I enclosed a picture of my screen following your instructions.

John

BF4B0F5C-D80D-4146-8898-031C9F73410F.jpeg

Full instructions, if you want to read up more. Do a flash WITHOUT BACKUP first, in another slot. Don't overwrite your present slot.:

Hi JFOK
Fist you will need to flash TNAP 4.0
Go to plugin menu press green button for downloadable plugin and open the extra menu and download tnap-4.0-flashimage. after that installs go to the flash image menu and tnap 4.0 can be seen and flashed. Ok now after 4.0 boots do that whole process over go to plugins extra and install tnap 4.1- flashimage. then go to flash image menu and 4.1 can be seen and flashed.

Hi SDA,

I flashed TNAP 4.0 successfully, but when I go to flash 4.1 it says no new plugins found.
So far with TNAP installed, there is no change. Stb still doesn’t find any signal on my test satellite 105w and still says,
”lnb of current satellite not compatible with plugin.” When I yry to scan.

John

but when I go to flash 4.1 it says no new plugins found
You now have to go to the screen I mentioned above, now that you have 4.0 installed. Though IF it still doesn't work after flashing 4.0, it's likely not the image causing issues due to corruption.

cyberham,

Here’s an image of my 105w set up screen.

John
I'd recommend changing Type of LNB/device to "KU UNV 9750/10600". Now that they've added this menu item, perhaps configuring as you have with User Defined is no longer acceptable (though it was in past).

ADDED: Should be C-band config per primestar and FTA4PA below. The reason for my comment was that this is the Ku configuration error I made previously which triggered the error message reported by JFOK.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Latest posts