EHD Folders

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
Is it possible to create folders on an EHD? My wife has a number of different folders on the internal drive and we are getting low on disc space. I would like to move folders and recordings to an EHD but I don't know how to do it.
Help!

Hello, JerryDowning. At this time, it is not an available option to created folders for an External Hard Drive. For instructions on how to transfer recordings from your DVR to an EHD, click here. Once they are transferred, you can access and view the recordings from the EHD without needing to move them back. Click here for info on that.

Hello, JerryDowning. At this time, it is not an available option to created folders for an External Hard Drive. For instructions on how to transfer recordings from your DVR to an EHD, click here. Once they are transferred, you can access and view the recordings from the EHD without needing to move them back. Click here for info on that.
This is true but, if you have Hoppers, you can't watch anything on an EHD when using Dish Anywhere. Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: TheKrell
+1 on adding folder support on EHD's.

With the new 7TB limit, there will be 100 pages of tiles of shows if you go to the EHD DVR drive. My wife seems to love to collect Christmas movies and I have almost an entire 2TB drive filled with XMAS Hallmark "stuff'. I would think it would be a necessity to add folder support to EHD's else we will have thousands of shows to go scroll through.

This is true but, if you have Hoppers, you can't watch anything on an EHD when using Dish Anywhere. Just keep that in mind.
I have a EHD that have about 10 different 1Hour TV shows that are all one hour length .They are foldered on the Hopper and are foldered on the EHD

On my 2 football EHD drives and Movie EHD they are not in folders

+1 on adding folder support on EHD's.

With the new 7TB limit, there will be 100 pages of tiles of shows if you go to the EHD DVR drive. My wife seems to love to collect Christmas movies and I have almost an entire 2TB drive filled with XMAS Hallmark "stuff'. I would think it would be a necessity to add folder support to EHD's else we will have thousands of shows to go scroll through.
One other way they could help would be by adding a "List View" option, rather than requiring tiles. That way, there would at least be fewer pages to scroll through.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts