EHD question!

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I got my new Hopper installed tonight. AJ(tech) just left. I went to EHD app and the block popped up that my EHD was setup for another account and the EHD would be formatted to use with my Hopper. Also, when I go to recorded programs there is not MY Media app listed. You guys told me that the 722K EHD was compatible with the Hopper. Help, how do I access the 89 programs on my EHD without formatting the EHD and losing all my programs.

It is compatible, I've done it myself with my previous 722k EHD to my Hopper receiver. You didn't happen to disconnect your account and come back did you? If you did you're out of luck as when you reconnected it gave you a new account number and associated it with your hopper. There is no way to get those recordings from that EHD without having a receiver that is linked to the account it was originally linked to.

I got my new Hopper installed tonight. AJ(tech) just left. I went to EHD app and the block popped up that my EHD was setup for another account and the EHD would be formatted to use with my Hopper. Also, when I go to recorded programs there is not MY Media app listed. You guys told me that the 722K EHD was compatible with the Hopper. Help, how do I access the 89 programs on my EHD without formatting the EHD and losing all my programs.

While there have been software bugs with this, it's also been generally seen that you won't be able to transfer things over the first night you have the Hopper. I think most folks have seen that waiting a day or two can remedy the situation, and also doing a hard reset (power cable unplug) of the Hopper can potentially resolve it.

Advice: wait a day or two and try again...

Did you hook up the EHD after the Hopper was activated or did you hook up the EHD right away? I would have a hit sent to your receiver with the EHD disconnected and give it a few minutes and then reconnect it and see if it works like it should.

I unplugged the EHD and did a hard reboot on the Hopper and then plugged the EHD back in and when I go to EHD I get choose my transfer mode and click next and get access to my EHD movies list. BUT, how do I watch a movie on the EHD or do I have to transfer the movie back to the Hopper to watch it. Help?

Press DVR, go up to the button that is named for your receiver (mine says Living Room 1), press that button and you will get a drop down listing that includes your EHD. Select the EHD and you will see all of its contents.... Next you press the tile of the movie you want to watch and follow the instructions just like you would for an event on the receiver's HD...

Press DVR. Go to the tab to the right of My Recordings at the top.click on that and you will see External Device 1. Select that and you will see your recordings and be able to watch them the same as any other.
Bobby types faster than me.

I unplugged the EHD and did a hard reboot on the Hopper and then plugged the EHD back in and when I go to EHD I get choose my transfer mode and click next and get access to my EHD movies list. BUT, how do I watch a movie on the EHD or do I have to transfer the movie back to the Hopper to watch it. Help?
You can watch saved programs directly from your EHD. In fact you may not be able to transfer them back to the hopper. I upgraded from hopper to hopper with sling. The programs I transfered to my EHD would not successfully transfer back due to some incompatibilty between units. You will get an error code that Dish tech describes as a defective usb cable. For those that would disagree I tested transfers from and to the new hopper to the same EHD and was able to do it. Thankfully I am able to watch from the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)