EHDTransfer

Weird, I can only get it to happen on -02 or higher. I tried 4 different OTA recordings from 4 different channels -00 and -01 and couldn't get it to happen.

I tried this as well, and the only issues I had was with the sub channels....

Tried some transfer experiments. Sending 1 newer show to the EHD failed. Sending 1 older show worked. After a couple of those, I sent 2 and then 3.
Tried 6 but it failed, tried 3 again and 2 also failed. So back to 1 and it fails, too. These were the oldest left, maybe. Actually they were the last in the transfer selection with "No Folders". The number of tiles displayed varies, sometimes a large number, otherwise a limited set. Why?

The Record Date is messed up again. It now says this year 11/22/13 5:31PM or :32 (didn't check the century, or is that gone?) instead of year 2106 but all the same day and minute or was that when I moved them? Well I got a few moved to EHD. It's getting hard to find open time to do this with a lot of recording and too many reboots trying to unlock the transfers.

I'd rather be watching than fiddling.
-Ken

I am unable to transfer a show, I recorded about 2 weeks ago to my EHD. It is not shown in the transfer window. The scroll bar on the right side of the window shows that there are many pages, but I am only able to scroll down 3 pages. I also have had to do checkswitchs on both of my Hoppers, and still have slow channel changing. This new firmware is bad.

The EHD transfers stalling issue is going to be fixed in the next software release that is set to start rolling out Wednesday of next week. Thanks for all the great feedback, help, and patience while we tracked this issue down and fixed it.

I am unable to transfer a show, I recorded about 2 weeks ago to my EHD. It is not shown in the transfer window. The scroll bar on the right side of the window shows that there are many pages, but I am only able to scroll down 3 pages. I also have had to do checkswitchs on both of my Hoppers, and still have slow channel changing. This new firmware is bad.

The EHD transfers stalling issue is going to be fixed in the next software release that is set to start rolling out Wednesday of next week. Thanks for all the great feedback, help, and patience while we tracked this issue down and fixed it.

Thank You Ray!!!

Thanks for the update. Any hints as to what else we might see updated or fixed?

Thanks,
Dave

We're lucky we got this much. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Oh, I totally agree. Even though I'm not currently using an EHD, I was dreading possibly replacing a Hopper with 600 recordings with this ongoing problem. I'm used to the "no comment" policy on the dish hopper support forums.

S330 update didn't correct transfer stalling problem

The S330 update on my two HWSs did not correct the OTA recording transfer problem to their EHDs. They both continue to stall with 1 second remaining.
Satellite recordings transfer to the EHDs without a problem.

The OTA problem with be solved with a 2nd update on Wednesday per Ray of DIRT on the S330 thread. The rest of the EHD problems should have been corrected with S330.

I think he said that the EHD transfers stalling will be fixed in an update next week. I don't think he said that the ehd not detected issue was supposed to be fixed yet nor in the next update. Unless there is another post I didn't see.

Just tried to get S330. I get "S328 is up to date." Thanks but no thanks.
No near current recordings nor EHD plugged in, Joey off.
5 min before the hour and pulled power on EHD and as is not usual, it rebooted breaking 2 shows.
Maybe sometime tonight. Latest Fsck 12/11 2:29.
-Ken

I forced a reboot using the Check Switch test.
"Your program guide and DVR are being updated.
Please wait to create timers or access DVR events."
Promising? It took a long time.
Some time after 70% it started over quicker until 70% complete.
Finally on to 95% and there it sits and then completes.
Still at Software S328. I need the new to move stuff to EHDs.

Spent more of the night and with many reboots (menu and button).
It still says Software S328 is up to date. (Liar, Liar, ....)

What I would like to know is why does it reload the guide, reboot,
and reload the guide? Again and again. At least twice on the guide.

Now at its usual overnight time it went blank for a while, hope, hope,
cross fingers for the update. No go. Let it go one more round.
Definition: repeating an action and expecting different results--insanity.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)