El Rey Network added to Dish

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
El Rey Network to Launch on DISH

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, DISH Network L.L.C. and El Rey Network announced that El Rey Network is now available to DISH customers.

El Rey Network is an English-language general entertainment network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Spy Kids, Machete.) Curated by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, the network unites the most culturally diverse generation in history through fearless original scripted and unscripted programming, movies, and cult-classic acquired series that awaken the renegade in everyone.

"DISH is pleased to deliver El Rey Network's cutting-edge content to our broad customer base," said Warren Schlichting, DISH senior vice president of programming. "El Rey's unique original series and films allow us to deliver a new style of programming to our customers."

"We are pleased that DISH understands the importance of providing something truly different for their subscribers and we couldn't be more excited about our launch," noted Robert Rodriguez, Founder and Chairman, El Rey Network. He added: "In addition to being a destination for exciting and action-packed content, El Rey has also become synonymous with iconic programming that better reflects the diverse face of America. We are proud of what we've accomplished both in front of and behind the camera and want to thank our friends at DISH for supporting that mission."

El Rey Network is available on channel 253 in DISH programming packages including America's Top 200, America‘s Top 250 and America's Everything Pak, and Dish LATINO packages including Plus, Dos and Max.

About DISH

DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.041 million satellite TV customers, as of Sept. 30, 2014, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. Subscribers enjoy a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corp. is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dish.com.

Subscribe to DISH email alerts: http://about.dish.com/alerts

Follow @DISHNews on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DISHNews

About DishLATINO

DishLATINO is the market-leading suite of English and Spanish language programming packages in the United States. It offers its customers more than 40 Spanish-language news, entertainment, and sports channels in combination with DISH's broad English-language programming lineup of more than 200 channels. DishLATINO customers can receive the Hopper, the industry's most awarded DVR, and take advantage of in-language customer service as well as payment options such as FlexTV, a no-term contract, prepaid pay-TV product.

About El Rey Network

El Rey Network is a 24-hour English language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez. Curated by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, the network unites the most culturally diverse generation in history through fearless, badass and original content that awakens the renegade in everyone. The network's action-packed content is anchored by original signature dramas, feature films, grindhouse genre, cult classic action, and horror/sci-fi. El Rey Network LLC (www.elreynetwork.com) is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade Ventures with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.

About Univision Communications Inc.

Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The Company, a leading content creator in the U.S., includes Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching approximately 94% of U.S. Hispanic television households; UniMás, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network reaching approximately 88% of U.S. Hispanic television households; Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country's leading Spanish-language cable network, as well as Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to novelas, Univision Deportes Network, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to sports, ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to news, and an additional suite of cable offerings - De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit; Univision Television Group, which owns and/or operates 61 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 67 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; an Interactive network of online and mobile apps and products including UVideos, the first bilingual digital network serving Hispanic America, Uforia, the leading Hispanic digital music service, Univision.com, the No. 1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. UCI's assets also include a minority stake in El Rey Network, a 24-hour English-language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, and a joint venture with Disney/ABC Television Network for Fusion, a news, pop culture and satire TV and digital network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.

CT

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20150129006021/en/

DISH
John Hall, 303-723-1968
johnw.hall@dish.com
@DISHNews
or
El Rey Network
Katie Lanegran, 646-560-4986
Katie@elreynetwork.com

Source: DISH

Excellent! I saw the From Dusk til Dawn Series El Rey had on Netflix last year and it was really good. Will be great to see what else they have.....

Reactions: fhsucade07
I got to watch the Lucha wrestling on El Rey yesterday. That was pretty cool. It was even in English so I could understand the announcers(unlike last time I watched it and had my roommate translate everything for me. She hates wrestling. Lol)

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Lol. I'm just gonna say, it's been asked for a lot lately... Let's just be satisfied it's available first... Then later on we will blame dish for not having it in HD, Scott.

Reactions: josem3
I hate to sound like Bluegrass, but this is one I wish they had in HD. :D
thanks scott i too wish this channel is in HD also if you would like this channel added in HD i would let dish know about it.remember the more requests you get into dish the greater chances that you will get this channel added in hd.that is how you guys got this channel.Thanks :)

Reactions: Benyth and josem3
I have 4 different ways to get TV in my neighborhood, Dish, Direct, Comcast, and Uverse. Uverse doesn't carry El Rey at all. The other three have it, all in SD. That's telling me something....

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, go to Netflix and watch From Dusk til Dawn, The Series.... Great show that follows the movie, but expands upon it greatly. The girl they got to play Salma Hayek's character is amazing....

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, go to Netflix and watch From Dusk til Dawn, The Series.... Great show that follows the movie, but expands upon it greatly. The girl they got to play Salma Hayek's character is amazing....
Do you mean that she is an excellent actress, whose portrayal of the character is filled with depth and an uncanny grasp of the human condition?

let dish know to add the channel in hd i saw some of the programming on the channel i love it so much.i put in my request last night to have the channel added in HD.:)

I'm not seeing El Rey in my DishAnywhere Guide. It goes from channel 242 to channel 270. I have AT200.

It says it broadcasts in HD, but I cannot find a single provider that offers it in Hd for sure. Even Comcast(as part of their minority distribution deal) got it, but only on select systems, and same with TWC and Cox. Both Dish and Directv offer on all platforms, but only in Sd. The cable providers didn't list whether they were in HD or SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)