Email notification

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

USDownlink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Oregon
I have not been getting "instant notification" emails of posts in subscribed forums for the past month or so.

Subscribed threads continue to work as advertised, but I rely on the forum subscriptions to stay current.

I fear I missed an announcement that email notification of forum posts would be discontinued, but hope it is otherwise!

Well, something certainly happened. As of this morning, I began getting email notifications again. It makes me wonder if there is a "time-out" of sorts based on posting? That is, say I didn't post anything in a four week time span, does the system stop sending the emails?

The only thing I did here is post the message above. I can't imagine what else changed.

Just did a test from the vBulletin software to gmail and another external account and both messages got their instantly.

The email part of it is working fine for me too - I get subscribed thread notifications instantly. Just no subscribed forum notifications.

I noticed what might be contributing to this problem, at least this time around. I thought I would try unsubscribing and resubscribing to a particular forum, but it appears instant notification is no longer an option! The options are "Through my control panel only", "Daily updates by email", "Weekly updates by email". Any chance we can get the instant option back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)