Embarrasing - Response time for remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i agree but those other DVR's are doomed. i've always said since day one that it was a hardware issue while other argued with me that no.......its a software issue:rolleyes:. well now it couldn't be clearer. :yes.

They've been changing software weekly on them, like all others and that didn't help in most cases, so, YES equipment issues was obvious once they brought out another box.

Am I the only one who has no or I should say next to no issues with the remote response on HR22 ?

watching live tv or tv + 1 recording or recording on 2 no real issues when I have 2 recordings plus vod that when i have serious remote lag.

Am I the only one who has no or I should say next to no issues with the remote response on HR22 ?

watching live tv or tv + 1 recording or recording on 2 no real issues when I have 2 recordings plus vod that when i have serious remote lag.

My 22 isn't that bad but I can tell the difference from my 24. I do get lag on MRV when I watch shows from the 22 but I can live with it.

They've been changing software weekly on them, like all others and that didn't help in most cases, so, YES equipment issues was obvious once they brought out another box.
it WAS always obvious when you compared it to the HR20

how much is adding an HR24 anyway? is it even guaranteed you will get one?

Thru D*, they are $ 199, if it's an upgrade they have a $ 50 discount they can offer you.

If you look around on line you could have got one for as low as $ 147 I think it was, but you have to trust someone you may have never dealt with.

You can ALWAYS go to Solid Signal and get what you want for the $ 199 they have them available for.

DIRECTV HR24 High Definition DIRECTV PLUS MPEG-4 DVR (HR24) HD DVR - DIRECTV - HR24 -

Dish is TV for women...weak on sports. No Baseball is a crime!
I have 2 HR 21s and response time is awful. There are times that it takes me minutes to select a channel. As you said too, the red button thing doesn't always show up too. It is very slow.
Everyone says the HR24 is the better choice. When I have a few extra $$, I will upgrade them.

Are you insinuating that women don't like sports, especially baseball? You have a lot to learn about women! ;)

stonecold;2238956[U said:
]Am I the only one who has no or I should say next to no issues with the remote response on HR22 ?[/U]

Nope, you're not the only one :). I have no doubt that the HR24 is faster but my HR22 works ok for me. I see the delay response that everyone's referring to but I guess, different things are important to different people. The response delay isn't enough of an issue for me to upgrade to the HR24 at present.

It depends on how you use it. More series links (especially ones that record often), keyword autorecords and how much of your disk is filled up all seem to have major effects on performance.

I can have as many as 220-240 items in my 'to do' list, run 40-45 series links, have several autorecords (which really seem to kick its ass), and often run <30% free space on a 1tb and 1.5tb drive.

Sometimes the response is acceptable. Sometimes its abysmal. Whats worse is the variability. Avoiding variability in response time for a UI is design rule #1.

I still dont agree that the 'problem' is the hardware, although throwing more hardware at poorly architected software certainly does 'solve' the 'problem'. There are many products with similar hardware to the HR20-23 that do more or less the same functions that dont have sluggy user interfaces. So it IS possible to build a multi-tuner HD dvr with lots of bells and whistles that doesnt drag when you press a button on the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)