Emoticon issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Is there something wrong with the emoticon function ? I'm seeing a lot of punctuation marks that are, I presume, supposed to be emoticons. It happens to myself as well, when I type ": )", for instance (I put an extra space in there on purpose) and no emoticon appears. Also, when I'm replying in a thread, I don't get the emoticon toolbar button. For this, a new post, it is appearing though.

Is there something wrong with the emoticon function ? I'm seeing a lot of punctuation marks that are, I presume, supposed to be emoticons. It happens to myself as well, when I type ": )", for instance (I put an extra space in there on purpose) and no emoticon appears. Also, when I'm replying in a thread, I don't get the emoticon toolbar button. For this, a new post, it is appearing though.

Hall are you basing this from the posts in the uplink threads or you're seeing this elsewhere?

I see

"Smilies are Off"

at the bottom of the page, with the different permissions or settings. That explains it.... Didn't know it was a forum by forum setting/option. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts