Security Token issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Seems that whenever I want to reply with quote from a post I get this message?

http://i.imgur.com/TI89IBJ.jpg

I have to basically copy what I want to say and then go back into the thread and paste it back in at the reply box to get it to work.

I'm not sure if this is something on here that has changed or something in the new Firefox 28 release from yesterday.

No changes have been made to the system. Check down near the bottom of the page and make sure the time shown is the correct time for your area. If not go into your settings in the control panel here on SatelliteGuys and check your time settings. Perhaps your account did not flip to DST properly... (There is a bug in vBulletin that does this....)

That is about all I can think of.

Well then I am not the only one either. I cannnot do "reply with a quote" it just hangs up. Clearing cache did not help and the time is correct. This just started within the last week.

Well then I am not the only one either. I cannnot do "reply with a quote" it just hangs up. Clearing cache did not help and the time is correct. This just started within the last week.

At the moment it looks like you are the only one with that issue, your problem has zip to do with the security token issue.

The amount of posts for the last week are up almost 25% over the last week (probably due to the DISH / Disney stuff) and no one else has reported an issue.

Try a different browser and see if that clears it up, as I am sure it will. I see you are using Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows XP system which could be a big part of the problem. :)

Specifically Windows XP. My old desktop has that still and I am finding many things just don't work with it.

I had an issue with another forum which blamed my PC, until someone else complained and they fixed the problem!

i have had the same issue for the last 3 or 4 days. now i just logged off, cleared all my cookies and cache and logged back on. lets see if it fixes that

edit: nope i got the token error message. but if i dont reply with quote it works

Hmm thats odd. As I said no changes made to the system in a few months.

The thing about quotes is interesting... is that happening to others as well?

Look down at the bottom of the page is the time right?

Mine says... All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.

If yours is wrong go into your user settings at http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editoptions and fix it so the time is correct.

One user told me that fixed the issue for them. And then only thing I can think that has changed is the time change last week. :)

Any errors now?

Looks like there was a DNS error for those of you using satelliteguys.com instead of satelliteguys.us.

I restarted the DNS server and satelliteguys.com is back in action!

I am logging in via the SatGuys.US url. So now when I try a "Reply with Quote" I get the error "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with the web page".
I close the error window and Explorer recovers back to prior to clicking the "Reply with Quote" button.
At least now I get an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)