Security Token issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay cleared cache/cookies still no go.Tried reply with"",Post Quick Reply,gets the error.
With the same message still in the box,I went "Go Advanced" and "Submit Reply" from there and it goes thru with the quote :confused:.
Test

Well then I am not the only one either. I cannnot do "reply with a quote" it just hangs up. Clearing cache did not help and the time is correct. This just started within the last week.
Test with quote.

Well folks...

I believe I got it. And it wasn't an issue on our server or with our software.

Sorry to say the issue was caused by one of the ad networks. They changed their coding for calling ads when using an iframe. I loaded on their new ad code and was able to post replying to a quote.
Before that I did constantly get the token are on a windows 7 machine which has never been on SatelliteGuys so know there were no cache issues. The strange part for me was I was not getting the error on my own windows 7 machine using the same browser.

When I woke up this morning, one of the things that I thought of was could it be an ad causing the issue. It didn't dawn on me until then that everyone reporting the issue was not a pub member. (And no the issue was not done to try getting people to sign up for Pub Memberships.)

I am also happy to report that I have finally seen and captured the info i needed to block the damn asian women are waiting for you ads. They have been added to the blocked list and should go away in a few hours.

Please test things out and see if they are working for you... but I have a feeling I got it.

I am DEEPLY sorry for the issue and for the ads, they are unfortunately a necessary evil to pay the bills.

I have my fingers crossed that the issue is fixed but please let me know how things are working for you.

According to google, this happened a few years back. It is an issue with Firefox. There are posts on Mozilla bug and Vbulletin. I replicated the error when hitting reply with quote.

Win7 64 bit/ firefox 27.0.1/ satguys default.

Edit: wasn't on the last page to read about the fix, LOL Will test with Firefox 28.

When I woke up this morning, one of the things that I thought of was could it be an ad causing the issue. It didn't dawn on me until then that everyone reporting the issue was not a pub member. (And no the issue was not done to try getting people to sign up for Pub Memberships.)

I am also happy to report that I have finally seen and captured the info i needed to block the damn asian women are waiting for you ads. They have been added to the blocked list and should go away in a few hours.

Please test things out and see if they are working for you... but I have a feeling I got it.

I am DEEPLY sorry for the issue and for the ads, they are unfortunately a necessary evil to pay the bills.

I have my fingers crossed that the issue is fixed but please let me know how things are working for you.

Testing as well since I was also experiencing this issue.

EDIT: Seems to work OK now. Great job Scott! Now when you have the chance, please check on Pub Membership renewals as there's currently an issue getting PayPal payments through.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts