Security Token issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am logging in via the SatGuys.US url. So now when I try a "Reply with Quote" I get the error "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with the web page".
I close the error window and Explorer recovers back to prior to clicking the "Reply with Quote" button.
At least now I get an error message.

test

works now but still on satelliteguys.us

I have the same problem with quotes. Windows7 Pro, FF 27.0.1, .US site as usual. Cleared cached, restarted, everything. Makes no difference.

SatelliteGuys Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
SatelliteGuys

Strange that only some are having the problem. Even at work where I sometimes have problems specifically with this site (with our antquated browser and OS) I am not having any problems.

vBulletin Support has gone through the system and everything checks out fine. They said no problems found.

Why it is happening to such a small number of users especially when no changes were made.

I know you guys are not making this up, I am just trying to figure out why or what is causing this.

I cleared everything and still doing it. Firefox 28, Win7 64bit Pro just like I've always used.

To me it seemed to have started right after the Firefox update but not sure about others, could be just timing from something else.

I can post only when using the blue "Reply to Thread" button (Quck Reply) still does not work.

Hi Scott

I have found that I can post but only if I use the blue (Reply to Thread) button, when I use the (Quick Reply) button I still get the "Security Token Missing" problem. I don't know why I didn't try the blue button before. LOL

Whats interesting is everyone reporting the issue is using Firefox except for one person who is using Mozilla. All appear to be using Windows 7 (One Windows Vista)

I am going to reboot the server in a few minutes to see if that helps as it hasnt been rebooted in about a year. And its about all I can think of.

Now with the reboot there's really a problem. There are threads that say DISH now carries Disney channels in HD and has more College sports than Direct. Obviously something is wrong... :D:D

Other than that all seems good.

Still no good when using 'Quick Post'

Scott - I just tried the 'Quick Post' button after you did the server reboot and I still cannot post and I get the (Security Token) statement. I have this problem on both IE-10 and with Chrome. I am posting this with the Blue (Reply to Thread) button.

Bow

Sorry to say I am at a loss.

Again make sure you are using http and not https and are using satelliteguys.us instead of .com. The .com had a dns issue today and the fix may take a day or two to fully propagate the internet.

I will not be working on this any longer tonight, nor will vBulletin support as they have been through the system and say everything is working normally.

I do really wish we could replicate the issue, but have been unable to. :(

Okay just tried again,neither "reply"or"reply with quote" works.Time is correct,I only ever use ".us",I think it's set for http,I'll try clearing cache/cookies in a minute.If I just use "Post Quick Reply" it works fine.

Ok guys...

After a nights sleep I am ready to work on this again. The big issue for me (and vBulletin support) is we have been unable to replicate the issue, while I am sure it IS happening to those reporting it, I can't understand why it not happening to everyone.

As I mentioned before there has been no changes to the site software wise in a few months. The only change was the time change to Daylight Saving Time.

Will people having this issue please post here the following info.

Browser Version
Operating System
What SatelliteGuys Style you are using (Look down at the bottom left... it will say Satellite Default... SatelliteGuys Red.. SatelliteGuys Black etc.)

I am diving into things now and hope to find this bug and correct it asap. Its SO fustrating when something like this happens when no changes have been made!

I apologize for this issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)