ENCORE networks are about to launch classic TV hits. What do you all think of this move ?

I was scanning the program guide, looks like they are starting to in mix in the shows already looking at tonight's schedule

So, can anyone confirm that the Night Court episodes being aired are uncut full versions, or syndicated copies?

I am not sure when it started, though tonight night court is on the schedule

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Watched Night Court last night, enjoyed watching with no commercials. Can't speak to the syndicated/uncut question, I did see the beginning of Magnum P.I. and it had the 2nd opening theme for the pilot ep, though, which might tilt toward syndication.

Signed up for the Encore Pack last night...fresh timer in place for Night Court starting tonight. :D
Last night's airing is being replayed at 5:30pm EST today, in case you were interested in completeness.

If this does not reduce the number and of movies (and which movies are shown), I'm okay with it since I almost never watch anything while its being transmitted. But if this reduces the number and selection of the movies shown on these channels, I'm gonna be pissed.

I suspect they really are going to cut back on the number of movies and replace them with cheaper vintage TV series.

I'll be watching the mail box for my refund check and cheaper monthly bill.

If this does not reduce the number and of movies (and which movies are shown), I'm okay with it since I almost never watch anything while its being transmitted. But if this reduces the number and selection of the movies shown on these channels, I'm gonna be pissed.

I suspect they really are going to cut back on the number of movies and replace them with cheaper vintage TV series.

I'll be watching the mail box for my refund check and cheaper monthly bill.
They are re branding Encore Love and Encore Drama.

These NC episodes do seem to be edited...there were a couple of scenes that seemed to be cut or had bad transitions in tonight's episode...when the reporter guy was following Lana out of the courtroom, and just after Selma says "I'm armed"

These NC episodes do seem to be edited...there were a couple of scenes that seemed to be cut or had bad transitions in tonight's episode...when the reporter guy was following Lana out of the courtroom, and just after Selma says "I'm armed"

The original episodes were around 24 minutes (give or take) so that (stopwatch) might be a way to see if they were edited.

Watched a little bit of NC last night, and WOW...PQ was rough...even for Dish SD. Must have been low quality production to start with, as other SD on that channel doesn't seem to be as bad. :(

Also noticed the episode numbers in the guide data are way off. I have episodes 1, 2, and 3 recorded so far, as they appear to be showing them in order, but the guide data has them listed as episodes 189, 23, and 20 respectively. Probably Tribune's error, not Encore, though.

Did anyone notice that the volume level on 346 is much lower than other channels, or is it just me?

How about gettting rid of the Encore Westerns Channel, getting tired of seeing the Bonanza and Gunsmoke reruns for the 25th time.

How about gettting rid of the Encore Westerns Channel, getting tired of seeing the Bonanza and Gunsmoke reruns for the 25th time.

How about watching a different channel if you don't like it? I don't watch the channel myself but my dad loves it. It's a pretty unique channel and it fills a niche. I don't mind channels like that existing even if I don't watch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts