End of the Year what will next year bring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
As we wind down the year anyone have any thoughts how Directv may look like in a year from now. Will we have a few more National HD Channels, new features/Services/Equipment or packages or will our service pretty much me the same we see now?

I hope they get the HBOHD additions, as well as HBOHD VOD up ASAP in Jan. Also wanna see what "Nomad" looks like, how a Directivo shapes up, and the HMC30.

Looking foward to HBO VOD, hopefully it will have older shows as well (sopranos and such)

If they ever want to get ondemand right they need to sign network providers, then they have a solid system.
We'll probably see a few HD channel additions, but nothing wild, I'd guess around 10 for the year.
Perhaps the home media center, but if that comes it will be late in the year.

I'm not expecting many major advances in 2011 :(

I don't think we will see much HD added. I know we will see a small price increase. The TIVO unit will come out sometime in the last half the the year and will require an additional fee of around $5-10 per month.

Is the TIVO unit still scheduled to come out ? The HBO VOD will be a nice add, and just a few more national HD channels would be great!

I'm thinking we'll get a few new HD channels, possibly FREE HD will become part of the package, that we will pay for as the rates go up a few dollars like every year.
IF HD is not FREE this time around, I would imagine it will be in the following year ... seeing they were giving people Free HD for 2 years, kinda leads to it being included in a year or two for everyone.

Possibly a few new packages, just to conglomerate all the items into said package, much like they did with the Choice package.

I'd like to see just one channel added before Christmas.
And that's BBCA HD.

As for CES, I have no idea what might be shown.
But, whatever it is, let's hope it isn't vaporware. :)

I think they are talking about the Hearst stations that are up for contract renewal:

The Hearst channels that could be pulled from DIRECTV are:

Boston WCVB
Manchester, NH WMUR
Tampa, Florida WMOR
Daytona Beach, Florida WESH
Clermont, Florida WKCF
Sacramento KCRA KQCA
Pittsburgh WTAE
Baltimore WBAL
Kansas City, Missouri KMBC
Cincinnati WLWT
Milwaukee WISN
Greenville, SC WYFF
West Palm Beach WPBF
Lancaster, PA WGAL
Oklahoma City KOCO
Albuquerque KOAT
Winston Salem WXII
Louisville WLKY
New Orleans WDSU
Honolulu KITV
Hilo, Hawaii KHVO
Wailuku, Hawaii KMAU
Des Moines KCCI
Omaha KETV
Poland Spring, Maine WMTW
Jackson, MS WAPT
Burlington, Vermont WPTZ
Hartford, Vermont WNNE
Fort Smith, Arkansas KHBS, KHOG
Salinas, CA KSBW

More info here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...tation-drop-carriage-directv.html#post2406149

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts