Enhanced Hardware in the original Joey?

With the new Joe, Dish will be adjust rate (at least for good?):
Hooper (3 tunner+HDD) $12.00
Joe (0 Tunnner) $3.00 (like a 2tv output in 722 model).
Super Joe (2 tunner) $7.00

Very interesting. They're going to LOWER my monthly fee on my existing (owned) Joey? Do I understand that correctly? If so, I probably won't deactivate it.

Very interesting. They're going to LOWER my monthly fee on my existing (owned) Joey? Do I understand that correctly? If so, I probably won't deactivate it.

Wild speculation. I wouldn't take that post with any sense of reality....

It does seem pretty unfair if the SJ/J/VJ are all going to have the same $7 fee when the J will have no tuners and the VJ won't even have hardware to accompany the fee. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Did we ever get anything official at all from Dish for three Hoppers? I thought it was folks like yourself crossing their fingers and making it work. Have a feeling it will be the same with the SJ.

No. They even went as far as saying that the client-to-client jumper across the nodes "might cause 1303 errors" even though I've never had that problem in 1.5 years.

At $3/Joey, I might finally upgrade to the Hopper. No, wait; I'd still need two Hoppers to handle two OTA dongles. :(

I would expect a correction that the SJ is higher than a regular Joey before I'd expect a drop in the price of a regular Joey.

(Heck, I can't imagine Dish lowering the price of anything at this point!)

I would expect a correction that the SJ is higher than a regular Joey before I'd expect a drop in the price of a regular Joey.

(Heck, I can't imagine Dish lowering the price of anything at this point!)

I suspect you're right.

That doesn't even make sense as Scott as already posted the new fee structure since they are raising some rates and keeping Joey rates the same. I'd say we're lucky that Dish hasn't decided to get even more greedy and up regular Joeys to $10 a month.

orlyPR is dreaming...

Last edited:
Well it depends on which Joey. The one I'm talking about is just an updated Joey, much like the HwS vs the H2k. So wiring would be the same.

For the Super Joey, you could run another line from a DPP44, unless it's like the nodes and doesn't like being behind the power inserter, then in that case, you'd need a third DPP44. Then you'd use a diplexor to the SJ that will combine a line from a CLIENT port and a line from the switch into the SJ. That is my guess anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

OK, got it. TKZ

Here's my guess:

Regular Joey: $7 (I'm really going out on a limb here)
Super Joey: $10 (Situated between regular Joey fee and 2nd Hopper fee)
Virtual Joey: $3

Makes too much logical sense based on their current fee structure, so I'm sure I'm wrong.

So I'm guessing the new Joey will possibly have a 750-800MHz chip based on that article. So this will bring it to the performance of the H2k. I can live with that. Much better than the current 400MHz Joey 1.0. If this is true, I'll definitely be swapping my Joey out for the new one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Good luck swapping a Joey for a faster Joey. It will probably be like the 622/722 situation where Dish cannot specify them in their system and you get what the installer has on his truck or which ever box the picker picks up in the warehouse. Unless you mean to buy your new faster joey from a Dish reseller that can select the proper one...

Good luck swapping a Joey for a faster Joey. It will probably be like the 622/722 situation where Dish cannot specify them in their system and you get what the installer has on his truck or which ever box the picker picks up in the warehouse. Unless you mean to buy your new faster joey from a Dish reseller that can select the proper one...

Probably will purchase

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)