Enigma2 Auto Adding Services

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I have noticed on the Dish Network transponders, ill clean up my service list to only show one channel per TP, or only the ITC/FTA channels, and save it back to the STB. But, when i return to the service, it automatically re-adds all the services even though i did NOT perform any scan. Kind of annoying! I found one work a round, i have to modify in the channel editor software to make the service HIDDEN. When i do that, i can then prevent all these unwanted services from popping up, but it is quite tedious to run through the hundreds of services marking each one for hidden.

Is there a way to disable this unwanted 'feature'. ???

I have noticed on the Dish Network transponders, ill clean up my service list to only show one channel per TP, or only the ITC/FTA channels, and save it back to the STB. But, when i return to the service, it automatically re-adds all the services even though i did NOT perform any scan. Kind of annoying! I found one work a round, i have to modify in the channel editor software to make the service HIDDEN. When i do that, i can then prevent all these unwanted services from popping up, but it is quite tedious to run through the hundreds of services marking each one for hidden.

Is there a way to disable this unwanted 'feature'. ???
How to disable "Background Scanning":

Menu/Setup/System/Customize and it's usually turned OFF by default (so it'll scan stuff by itself). I have now turned it ON, and hit the green button to SAVE. That stops it from background scanning.

In OpenVIX, to disable background scanning, you go to Menu, Setup, Tuner Config, Miscellaneous.

I have a true dreambox. There are limited firmwares compatible with the dreambox units. The dreambox firmware, newenigma2 and Dreamelite are the only firmwares that work with the DreamBox. I looked through all the setup screens, and saw no option for disabling background screening. I thought there might be some back door method.

I have a true dreambox. There are limited firmwares compatible with the dreambox units. The dreambox firmware, newenigma2 and Dreamelite are the only firmwares that work with the DreamBox. I looked through all the setup screens, and saw no option for disabling background screening. I thought there might be some back door method.
Ok, you'll have to track down their "home forums", and ask if it's there, OR if it can be added.

p.s. Is there maybe a "expert option" to change your menus from basic ones? Check for that. Maybe if so, you could turn it on, and then "background scanning" will have an option switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts