Enigma2 skins

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
I'm playing a bit with various Enigma2 images, just out of curiosity. I'm otherwise using TNAP 4.2 with the Glamour Aura skin (the default skin, if I remember correctly)

One thing that I find challenging is the user interface... While I'm very much used to TNAP since version 3.1, I find the user interfaces of all the other images to be significantly different, particularly the mapping of the buttons.

I was wondering if I could just copy the GlamourAura skin from /usr/share/enigma2 and paste that into the file system of another image (like openVIX for example). Would that work? What would be the risk?

I'm playing a bit with various Enigma2 images, just out of curiosity. I'm otherwise using TNAP 4.2 with the Glamour Aura skin (the default skin, if I remember correctly)

One thing that I find challenging is the user interface... While I'm very much used to TNAP since version 3.1, I find the user interfaces of all the other images to be significantly different, particularly the mapping of the buttons.

I was wondering if I could just copy the GlamourAura skin from /usr/share/enigma2 and paste that into the file system of another image (like openVIX for example). Would that work? What would be the risk?
Be very, VERY careful playing around with skins. I'm aware of several people that totally hosed their receivers doing that. Make SURE you have valid images in other slots, in case that happens to you. If so, you can recover from it by going into another slot. I know I don't play with anything outside of what's in the feeds. Maybe do it with slot 4, and leave slot 1 alone.

SDA_FL_USA Would you also like to weigh in on this one?

If you just want sane channel-changing behavior with the arrow keys, look for a menu item called something like "Neutrino-style zapping". That will save you from having to remap each button.

Reactions: Brct203
The skin doesn't set the button mapping plus the the skins from tnap are for OpenPli based and OpenVix is O.Alliance based so probably wouldn't be compatible. You have to use the Button Setup menu in OpenVix and it might be the same for OpenATV but I haven't used OpenATV for several years so not sure.
This is what you want in your setting file at etc/enigma2 with OpenVix for the buttons to work like TNAP does.
config.misc.ButtonSetup.channeldown=Infobar/openServiceList
config.misc.ButtonSetup.channelup=Infobar/openServiceList
config.misc.ButtonSetup.cross_down=Infobar/zapUp
config.misc.ButtonSetup.cross_up=Infobar/zapDown