Enigma2 - "Positioner Setup"

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I NEVER understood why the Positioner Setup doesn't default to the current rotor position. You had to cycle through all the rotor positions and KNOW which # it was for each satellite to then save it. What a pain in the butt.

I made a modification to the python script and now when you select "Positioner Fine Movement" you have an extra option in the blue buttom. - "Store # ??" ?? = the Diseqc motor position.
_tmp_1573328290798.png

Being i have never programmed in Enigma or Python, It took me about 3 days to figure out how to get the information, and re-work the positioner setup to my liking. The result is the screen above where i can now step east/west and once i got the dB peaked, i can then hit the blue button which automatically knows the Diseqc motor position to save it too.

In the past, i asked Titanium if he could get me a RF signal to just save the current motor position, but it wasn't as easy and was unable to do that. So, its been easier for me to get off the couch and click the buttons on the ASC1 to save the current position. But now, i can do it pretty easily from Enigma2 STB.

If this interests you let me know, and after some testing and maybe some clean up, i can distribute out the updated file so your enigma2 "Positioner Setup" can perform the same way.

Cool!
Would you be willing to provide to El Bandido to include with the TNAP image?

Sure, I'm gonna try to make another version that is a stand-a-lone plugin. I also want to sit on this for a bit of time to make sure its not buggy. But, thus far it seems to work great. I used it to fine tune 103w and 105w today.

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST
Well, I'm off to bed. I made terrific progress on making my own plugin that is not a part of the positioner setup. This way i can get to the screen faster and not have to choose the Tuner I'm using, because i want to always default to my current service.

I'm sure some of us know what I'm talking about. I refused to end my day until i made certain progress. I haven't been up this late in a long time. But, ill sleep well tonight and with a smile in my pillow. :sleep

Have you considered submitting for inclusion in the OE Alliance / OpenPLI distros? Seems that it would be advantageous to have inclusion in the standard images rather than enabling via a plugin.

It's frustrating dealing with them. They spend more time asking me why i want to do something and that those features already exist, instead of answering my questions. I've been posting in the openpli forums on some questions. Yes all the features exist, but having to enter the diseqc store position is ridiculous especially when my store positions are in the 70's plus, and you have to strike the right arrow for each position number increment. (My fingers HURT!) By the time i get to my Diseqc store number, ofcourse, thats assuming one has all those numbers memorized. (NOT!) , its just plain easier to walk over to the ASC1 and click OK twice.

Basically, I'm trying to simplify it. Right now, for me to get to the Fine Tuning mode, i have to click my menu button, go down to setup, go down to service then go down to Positioner Setup THEN select the TUNER card and then finally scroll down to "Fine Tune". It would be so much easier if i could just pop open a SIMPLE screen that assumes the current satellite/TP with no options or selections other than " Nudge West / Nudge East / Save"

I'm using the dream-elite image. I have had issues with the OpenPli with my DreamBox and being OpenPli doesn't directly support the DreamBox, I am skeptical about using, but does the OpenPli images have the same frustrating limitations of Saving the Diseqc Motor Position?

Well, i got a message from el bandido, and he told me the OpenPli image automatically defaults to the correct Diseqc store # position in the 'Positioner Setup'. Can anyone confirm this that is using an OpenPli image?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)