Enjoy the game tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Hey everyone I hope you enjoy the Broncos and Chiefs game tonight!

OH WAIT NEVERMIND I FORGOT TIME WARNER IS FULL OF MONEY HUNGRY SCUMBAGS!

THANK GOD I SWITCHED TO DIRECTV!

HAVE FUN MISSING THE GAME TONIGHT.

tw = suck

Yea! How come I cant watch the game on my time warner subscription tonight? BECAUSE TIME WARNER REFUSES TO GIVE US WHAT WE WANT. I wish I dident live in a one choice cable area, which is TW ONLY. O yea, time warners road runner is really slow and has many outages for no reason, which is why i will be switching to verizion as soon as I can get it. BYE!

Why do I have to have my cable bill so high? because you want some freaking channel just to watch a game!??? 70 cents is a bit much oh wait what am i saying I already have to pay an extra 2.70 FOR ESPN!! because of you cry baby sports fans... try to think about the people who dont wanna pay the extra money. If you want that channel tell the NFL Network to allow time warner to sell the channel as a seperate package and not include it with its basic package... timewarner isnt only looking out for there bottom line they are looking out for customers who dont like rate hikes, because of channels they dont even like. out of say timewarners 10million + subscribers dont flatter yourself to think the majority of them would enjoy paying 2.70 + .70 for espn and nfl network..... you guys want and want and want from the cable companies but you dont wanna pay for it...

As i stated the day to day operating costs of a cable company vs satelite are FAR differnt. Cable has to pay hundrends of techs to work service calls, then tons for maintaince issues, hub techs headend techs so on and so fourth. and pay for the trucks and all the likes. Dish doesnt have to have such a huge workforce they can relay soley (in most markets) on sub contracting companies (ie in oralndo : mastek) to handle there work and only pay them per job they do. so no heatlhcare costs no beenfits and so fourth. Dish also doesnt have to maintain hundreds of miles of cable lines in the ground and on the poles and pay franchise fees and easement fees for this access. its like saying why can i buy item A online cheaper then i can through my local store.. the web merchant doesnt have the overhead. Dish can afford to pay those extra fees and still keep the profit margin decent, whereas if cable did it there margin would shrivil and would be forced to raise prices.

do you realize that NFL network would cost TWC 170 MILLION a year for 1 channel ? I dont care how large a company is thats alot of money to be eating or passing on to its customers.

do you realize that NFL network would cost TWC 170 MILLION a year for 1 channel ? I dont care how large a company is thats alot of money to be eating or passing on to its customers.
Don't forget...that 170 million is for roughly 20 or so hours of live football action and 8740 hours of pure crap. The ESPNs should be dumped into a Sports Package so those who don't watch them, won't have to pay for them. Perhaps the NFL Network, and others like them, will help drive Cable toward al a carte.

Well I have Comcast with NFL Network and I saw the game in HD. We also have many more HD channels such as Starz HD, ESPN2 HD. We have tons more On Demand programming including tons of free HD On Demand programming. This area also has had ADS for a very long time. I get all channels on the TV side along with my triple play package with two HD DVR boxes and both my promo and regular prices are less than BHN and most TWC Digital Combo Plus with HD DVR prices. I'm counting all taxes because I was with BHN with this package. With BHN I had the Digital Combo Plus with HD DVR for 125/month. It came with both the rental and DVR service for one HD DVR. So I paid an extra 17/month for the second HD DVR. I added Starz for 10/month, Digital Movie Pak (Encore) for 4/month, HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/TMC w/Premiums On Demand for 30/month and last but not least the HD Pak at 5/month. After adding this all up along with the almost 30 bucks in taxes and fees my bill was higher for less compared to my Comcast regular prices. The Comcast triple play promo for 12 months is about 26/month less.

So because Comcast is a cable company and not a satellite company the costs should be closer to compare so why is my regular price with Comcast less than BHN when I get way way more.

Satellite also has costs associated with their satellites that cable companies don't have.

Either way, TWC turns the highest profit per customer of any TV provider. If they really wanted to compete in price with E* or D* they could, they just choose not to. In my opinion, we are seeing how they are more or less a monopoly.

NFL network WAS on the sports tier.. until Time Warner removed it. "Crybaby sports fans" aren't to blame for that one!

Here's some interesting insight from a WOW customer in Detroit:

WOW! will not be carrying the 8 NFL games shown on the NFL Network this season. The NFL Network will air alternate programming during game times.

When WOW! launched the NFL Network in 2005, their programming did not include Thursday night games. The Thursday night games are new this season, and the NFL Network has determined that they will not make these games automatically available to customers who already receive the channel.

The NFL Network will not authorize WOW! to air the Thursday night games unless we agree to pay them a surcharge. The surcharge represents a significant and excessive increase over the license fees that we already pay to the NFL Network. The NFL Network has not presented us with terms that we believe are fair and reasonable.

We continue to seek a resolution for our customers, but cannot at this time commit that we will be able to reach one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts