Enter Here To Win: 1.2 Meter Dish And Stand

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Never give up

The satellites are up there. Don't give up if you can't find them easily.

The suggested AZ/EL settings are to get you in the neighborhood.

Take a small TV and the box to your dish and the fine tuning will be easier.

I want this to go on my new house. Unfortunately I don't have any tips at the moment, but I would like to read what others have to say so I can have an awesome setup. You guys are the best!

The one tip that has helped me the most is, when setting the direction of your dish, point your compass to the magnetic direction and not the true, map, direction, being sure to not have it around any metal to affect your reading. Then while pointing your compass, pick an object on the horizon to aim your dish at. When adjusting your dish point it from behind the dish to the spot you picked out on the horizon.

If on the slight chance my name is picked, please give the dish to zazu for his daughter. ***Best wishes for your daughter, hopefully eveything goes well.

One big tip I learned from Satelliteguys.us was to weld your satellite pole to a piece of steel and to float this plate on studs. This makes your pole so that you can always adjust it to being perfectly plumb. After two poles in cement slightly out of plub, I now have a perfectly plumb pole. :clap

Thanks Sadoun! Your generosity and support for this hobby is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 8foot002.jpg
    8foot002.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 8foot003.jpg
    8foot003.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 8foot004.jpg
    8foot004.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
One big tip I learned from Satelliteguys.us was to have two accounts ;)

Then I have more chance to win things.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you agree to these terms and wish to enter then please reply to this message and tell us one tip you learned from Sadoun, SatelliteGuys or Elsewhere to help others get more enjoyment of the Free To Air Hobby.

I found on their site how to install an HH motor and from that have helped quite a few others do the same.

Thanks Sadoun!

I would love to win this dish since it would allow me to start playing with some of the miniBUD/microBUD projects discussed here (see this link).

They provided a quick, detailed response to my question about an FTA system configuration that would be suitable for frequent moves (every 2-4 yrs). Awesome pre-sales support!

Cheers,
Red

Last edited:
I learned that you should always unplug your receiver whenever you change your diseqc switches.

I learned about the Arabic channels on IA5 and was able to share that information with a family friend who grew up in Lebanon; she was impressed and is now trying to convince her husband to get an FTA system for those channels. (The "Free" in FTA is awfully appealing. ;-)

I would love to get the dish and stand because my homeowner's association gave me grief when I had DirecTV installed in my condo, and I don't want to incur more wrath by mounting a second dish on the wall. They couldn't legally keep me from doing it on my balcony but they could make life difficult; a dish on a stand would eliminate the problem.

If I win this dish, I will install a second dish to catch more Satellites without needing to install a motor. Be fun to try a bigger dish than my 90 cm.:)

The biggest thing I learned is all the info on the web for sat locations and antenna locations has really helped my little business as I used to turn away FTa and OTA customers. This would be a great tool for me as I could use this to tinker with and learn more and possoblty get onto the FTA business. Does Sadoun have dealer accounts???

1.2 Meter Dish

Without Satellite Guys I would not have been able to set up my dish and receiver. I spent hours on the site trying to figure out what to do. It is the best!!

I would like to win to learn more about FTA and to get a music channel to broadcast throughout my house that Iceburg has mentioned in the past!

Thanks!

I'm not much into FTA - but I was just browing Sadoun's website and found that to receive FTA they recommend a motorized dish. Looks like a great source of info and good prices.

It's also most likely 1 day away via UPS too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)