Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Enter to Win one
10Watt PWM10W Mono-Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Solar Power Module
from Sadoun.

These solar panels can be used as a single module or wired together for increased power. These mono-crystalline cells are reliable, virtually maintenance-free power supply designed to transfigure sunlight into electricity at the highest possible efficiency. The cells are encapsulated between an impact resistant glass and backing, ensuring decades of weather resistant use. The aluminum frame has mounting holes on the back for easy mounting.

* Blocking Diode Protected
* Type of cell used is monocrystalline silicon
* Tempered glass, EVA lamination, and weatherproofed

These panels are perfect for:

* Recreational vehicles
* Campers
* Telecom equipment
* Battery charging systems
* Remote power systems
* Pumping systems for irrigation, rural water supplies and livestock watering
* Aviation obstruction lights
* Sailboat charging systems
* Microwave / Radio repeater stations
* Emergency communication systems
* Navigation lighthouses, and ocean buoys.

These panels went through the following Quality tests:

* Thermal shock test
* Thermal/freezing and high humidity cycling test
* Electrical isolation test
* Hail impact test
* Mechanical, wind and twist loading test
* Salt mist test
* Light and water-exposure test
* Field exposure test
* Factory is ISO 9001certified

Full specification and more pictures: PWM10W Solar Panel Module Mono

So how do you enter to win? Easy! All you have to do to enter in the random drawing is to:
Reply and tell us your idea of saving the environment and going GREEN!

Ok, just reply and write whatever you want.

At the end of January 31, 2010, we will select one member randomly. The winner will be notified by PM. This is open to members worldwide.

Rules:

* Must be at least 21 years of age to enter
* One entry per family/residence for each item
* Multiple submissions automatically disqualified
* Officers and employees, including their relatives, of Sadoun Satellite Sales are not eligible for entry.
* Deadline: End of the month - by mid-night.
* Entrants agree by act of registration to permit their name to be posted on this site if they are chosen as the winner.
* Winning entry selected at random. Odds of winning varies depending upon number of entries. This is a free drawing. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
* Winner notified via email. Winner must reply within 48 hours. Make sure your email is correct. If a selected winner is ineligible, fails to claim a prize no alternate winner will be selected.
* Incomplete entries or entries with errors will not be processed. Entries submitted after deadline will be disqualified.

As always with Sadoun Satellite Sales, your information will not be shared with any third parties. By entering this contest, you agree to be added to our e-mail list. Sadoun reserves the right to cancel this offer anytime without any prior notice.

Best regards and good luck.

Last edited:
I go green by recycling every single thing the city accepts in their recycling program, even my junk mail! I would like to recycle more, but the city doesn't allow things such as chipboard (cereal, fridge diet cola boxes) or plastics #5 and #6 that seem to be used quite a bit for packaging.

We recycle whatever possible in our area. We repair instead of replace whenever possible. We are developing a garden area in the yard to grow vegetables to reduce the need for transportation of our food across the planet. Just a lot of small things can make a difference.

Our dependency on oil for transportation is one of our greatest concerns. I believe we have engineers that can devise efficient and cost effective means to greatly reduce and eliminate the use of oil for fuel as we know it today. I would like to see a turbine developed powered by a natural gas pilot light, similar to the absorption system used in recreational vehicles, where the energy produced within the absorption system would power the turbine, which would propel the automobile. I can invision going from the east to the west coast on a 2 gallon container of natural gas. Dreaming? I don't think so. If someone would develope it and not sell out to the oil industry we all could enjoy a breath of fresh air, in more ways than one.

We are fortunate to have one of the best recycling centers in our area. Almost everything here is recycled. We also adjust what conainers we buy so they can be recycled. We grow a fairly large garden and have chickens and rabbits. I would like to get into the solar cells but im afraid I suffer from a lack of information and knowledge. Maybe someone can reccomend a good site to read up on?

I bought a Blue Line power monitor for my house. It reads the spinning meter, and sends the data to a small wireless device (like a weather station) in the house. I can see what appliances are on, what lights are left on etc. how much energy I've used this month, and my projected monthly usage. In one month I shaved my powerbill by 1/3, which more than paid for itself. How is that for Green.....green energy savings and green money savings!

Reduce Reuse Recycle. We all know those terms but tend to only think of recycling.

Reduce: I bought a Prius this year. I've also switched out all our light bulbs with CFL bulbs. In addition, last year we installed new windows which has lowered our electricity consumption.

Reuse: As silly as it may seem, reusing bags really does make a difference. I love going to Target and getting 5 cents off for every bag that I've brought in. They just stay in my car since they don't take up much space.

Recycle: So what if you don't have curbside recycling. I don't. Just make a place to store it and then once a month or so bring it to the recycling place. We just did this from the Christmas items (and shipping).

Go Green! This would be perfect for our family get-a-way where power is never a guaranteed utility. It could be used to power LED panels that could give you a sky-light without putting a huge hole in your insulated roof.

Recycling computers since 1998.

I recycle outdated computers by cleaning and repairing the hardware as needed, then installing edubuntu Linux and giving them to school age kids who do not have a computer at home to use.

I have placed over 200 computers since 1998 with the help of several area businesses, local county governments, and a nearby University Dept. of Surplus Property.

We are rather green ... CFL bulbs 1200 Watts of solar panels (one of the better sources of information is at backwoodssolar dot com). we run 5 - 12v to 120 volt inverters to reduce idle current. We compost and recycle bunches on site and take the glass and tin in to a recycle place. I have one satellite receiver that sometimes will work off a 12 battery / solar panel and 10 watts is a lower limit to keep it charged (almost!) The 12V lcd tv and receiver run about 3 1/2 hours on a full charge or 5 hours on a sunny day - but we do not watch TV when it is sunny!
We only pump water to a storage tank when we are running the generator for something else.

Yes I could use another 10 watt panel! But when is someone going to sell a receiver designed to run on 12 volts DC? Would have to keep working to 10.5 volts....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)